The Devil as what will happen between us

VeNuSS

I did a Harsh Truth Spread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=312757&postcount=1) using the Radiant Tarot Deck.

At no. 6, What Will Happen, I got *the Devil*.

The Question concerned whether an old flame of mine with whom I currently do not speak will approach me next week to rekindle a love relationship with me. I often get passionate love cards when asking about his feelings for me.

The Devil kind of baffled me. I don't know if he feels "tied" to me and will approach me or if his own personal problems - shyness, lack of courage when he sees me - will get the better of him and make him abandon the issue.

What do you think the card could mean in this context?

P.S.: The Devil was clarified by the Knight of Swords. In this context could it mean that he will be the messenger?

FLizarraga

Sex! :)

It could also suggest co-dependency, or just plain fun.

The King of Swords could suggest a man in control of his feelings, who knows what he wants.

REsubmerged

Recently, this card has come up for a new love interest's feelings for me...repeatedly.

It baffled me until a word popped in my head this morning: consumed.

Consumed with the idea of someone or something. Could be obsession, but also could be feeling like you are taken over by the passion, excitement, or possibility of a thing. I can't think of another card that would signify that meaning so it fits well to me.

On the other hand, I've also had it come up to show power struggles in a relationship where 2 people are vying for control of the other person or the situation.

Pixna

My first response to both cards was that there's some passionate hanky-panky forecasted. :) With such a basic question, it's difficult to get much more depth out of this. But since you asked "what will happen," these two cards seem to say you'll both be feeling passionate and be right up front and direct about it.

VeNuSS

Sex! :)

It could also suggest co-dependency, or just plain fun.

FLizarraga, co-dependency, yes! I can see that, especially from my part - unfortunately...

The King of Swords could suggest a man in control of his feelings, who knows what he wants.

Actually, it was the King of Swords, but I def think there are some common traits between them, the guy also being the age of a Knight and probably using logic to win someone rather than gushy love declarations.

On the other hand, I've also had it come up to show power struggles in a relationship where 2 people are vying for control of the other person or the situation.

When I first drew the Devil my gut reaction was "uh-oh! Something is not going to go right!" But thinking about it, I can see why the Devil, Capricorn, would use his mind and every asset he's got to win something or control a situation.

there's some passionate hanky-panky forecasted.

haha, that doesn't sound that bad indeed. I'm very pessimistic when it comes to Tarot, I often believe the worst when reading any card, no matter how cheerful it is/looks...and since in such questions I'm biased I look up to others' opinions.

Thank you all for your responses! I'll keep this posted and anounce you if what you said came true or not. :)

FLizarraga

Actually, it was the King of Swords, but I def think there are some common traits between them, the guy also being the age of a Knight and probably using logic to win someone rather than gushy love declarations.

Somehow I missed that boat... :bugeyed: But I like better the Knight in that context than the King: not a self-contained, mature man in charge, but a passionate young one who is rushing sword in hand toward what he wants.

Thank you all for your responses! I'll keep this posted and anounce you if what you said came true or not. :)

Please do! :D

Sulis

Hi VeNuSS,

The 'Harsh Truths spread' is about you, all of the questions relate to you apart from position 6 which is about what will happen and since it's an outcome card, it's meaning depends on what the cards leading up to it say.

You said this:
VeNuSS said:
The Question concerned whether an old flame of mine with whom I currently do not speak will approach me next week to rekindle a love relationship with me. I often get passionate love cards when asking about his feelings for me.

You say you don't speak to this person and you also say he's an 'old flame' or in other words an ex so I don't think The Devil is saying that you're suddenly going to get together for a lust filled time... In this context I think this card is saying that you may be starting to obsess about someone who isn't particularly very good for you (I presume you split up because there were problems and things weren't all hunky dory) and you'll continue to feel some type of attachment to this person that isn't really very healthy..

Maybe you should try to focus on breaking the ties and the bonds that The Devil card represents here and start looking to the future.. Asking questions about an ex's feelings about you could be stopping you from moving on. In my experience, that's the sort of thing that The Devil often represents in these sort of contexts..

VeNuSS

Hi VeNuSS,

The 'Harsh Truths spread' is about you, all of the questions relate to you apart from position 6 which is about what will happen and since it's an outcome card, it's meaning depends on what the cards leading up to it say.

I knew that I could be biased when doing such a reading, but I thought that the Harsh Truth spread was what I needed to have a clearer image of what is/will be going on...

Maybe you should try to focus on breaking the ties and the bonds that The Devil card represents here and start looking to the future.. Asking questions about an ex's feelings about you could be stopping you from moving on. In my experience, that's the sort of thing that The Devil often represents in these sort of contexts..

You were very right Sulis when you wrote that. No matter what the outcome I need to break the ties to the past and to any sort of "addiction" I might have for smth/someone (and I am not even the sort of person to have an addiction for a person, so you can imagine how much I was blown away in this situation!). Thank you for the advice!

Sulis

I knew that I could be biased when doing such a reading, but I thought that the Harsh Truth spread was what I needed to have a clearer image of what is/will be going on...

You were very right Sulis when you wrote that. No matter what the outcome I need to break the ties to the past and to any sort of "addiction" I might have for smth/someone (and I am not even the sort of person to have an addiction for a person, so you can imagine how much I was blown away in this situation!). Thank you for the advice!

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad I could help a bit..
Just to clarify: When I was saying that the Harsh Truths spread is about you what I meant was that the cards are about you, not him.. It looked to me as if you'd read The Devil card as if it was referring to him and how he may feel and act whereas I would have read the whole spread as referring to you since it's your reading and the positions in that spread are talking about you.
I hope that makes what I was saying a bit clearer.