The ever confusing 10 of Swords

lotusboy_101

I just did a simple 5 card spread for finding out how things look with a prospective girl, and on the middle of the 5 cards for the question: What does she want of me? I got 10 of Swords. In this situation, I can't figure out what this means. Does it mean that she is coming out of a long battle and wants me to help her out of it, or does she see me as being in a bad rut and wants me to end it before I get to know her?

The spread was 5 cards:
1. How she feels about me = 9 of Pentacles,
2. Should I ask her to hang out = 6 of Cups,
3. What does she want of me = 10 of Swords
4. Our sexual chemistry = 9 of Cups
5. The outcome of the relationship = Knight of Cups

So what does this spread mean as a whole, and what does that scary 10 of Swords mean? It really confused me.

ana luisa

What does she want from me ? 10 of Swords = total surrender

PAMUYA

Look at those two 9's and then 10 of Swords...overkill, separated from reality. She is looking for the perfect man, are you him?

FaireMaiden

I agree with ana luisa... this girl wants you to surrender... But... surrender to what exactly?

This, of course, begs the question---> What do YOU want from this girl? Are you looking for a wife? or are you looking for a love affair?

If looking for a wife, look elsewhere... If looking for a love affair, go for it with this girl... The outcome is the Knight of Cups, so you'll have a nice, romantic, but brief love affair... It may be just the thing you need right now... maybe not... That's up to you to decide.

Alas, just because she wants you to surrender (let go of your defenses) to either her or the possibility of some kind of relationship with her, doesn't mean you should. Again, it all depends on what you want.

The Six of Cups denotes a 'past history' with this girl... as in 'past life' history... You are kamically drawn to each other now to work out whatever... as in figuring out what 'love' really is, forgiving each other for past transgressions and, when it comes time to end your love affair with her, ending it on a note of blessing for all the affair has taught you both about love.

The Nine of Cups as a sexual reference means that the good sex you have with each other is what is going to keep you together long enough to work out that karma... those lessons of love.

The Nine of Pentacles as how she feels about you is that you're very attractive to her and that you can afford her... she finds 'comfort' in you.

Regarding the 10 of Swords, if you're using a Rider-Waite-Smith deck, you will see that the sign of blessing is being given by the man with his hand, so, surrendering to this love affair may very well be what both you, and she, need right now.

canid

I'm thinking she's still got a hankerin' going on for someone in her past she's trying to get over. Is this someone you've just met or have you known her for a while?

Mellifluous

Great username! :)

The end to games and drama in the dating game. The beginning of a new and good relationship. Go for it, if you like her. Good luck!

sweet_intuition

3. What does she want of me = 10 of Swords .... she wants you to give up your current style of thinking and your style of presenting yourself and communication skills, and hence wants you to get rid of it and improve to her liking.

lotusboy_101

Thank you all very much! Very good answers and ideas! This has helped me sort this out some.

"Is this someone you've just met or have you known her for a while?"
A bit of extra info. on her: I work with her, and we see each other often, just in passing, but we hardly ever talk. I recently got a new haircut and was walking past her and she had this nervous amazingly cute smile, like I was someone new and exciting to her. Later I looked at her again and she was flushing/blushing red and hiding her face behind her hair. She seems just as shy as me, but into me none the less. I think I need to step up and be the initiator before the chance passes.

What I want from her I do not know for sure. I do know that the primary draw towards her right now is physical attraction and sexual desire. This does not rule out traditional romance either though. I tend to run from long term relationships, but I'm also not a total player type either. I'm a Cancer after all! =P

lotusboy_101

Mellifluous said:
Great username! :)

Thanks! I love lotus flowers! I also like the stories and lore that surround them in different cultures. It seems like they pop up alot in various places.

Mellifluous

lotusboy_101 said:
Thanks! I love lotus flowers! I also like the stories and lore that surround them in different cultures. It seems like they pop up alot in various places.

Yeah! They are awesome. :)

lotusboy_101 said:
A bit of extra info. on her: I work with her, and we see each other often, just in passing, but we hardly ever talk. I recently got a new haircut and was walking past her and she had this nervous amazingly cute smile, like I was someone new and exciting to her. Later I looked at her again and she was flushing/blushing red and hiding her face behind her hair. She seems just as shy as me, but into me none the less. I think I need to step up and be the initiator before the chance passes.

Oh, my god, go talk to this girl! *pokes you with something pointy* It's vicariously embarrassing that you noticed everything though. Behind one's own hair was the last good hiding place left. :joke:

:love: