"The Everyman Tarot" is published and available!!

tarotbear

It was suggested now that since The Everyman Tarot has gone from the creation stage to published deck that I start a completely new thread here in Tarot Decks so that it can be discussed as a deck.

:party: 'The Everyman Tarot' is up & published and finally available for sale to the general public! I am so happy! :party:

Have a look!

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-everyman-tarot

rwcarter

My initial reactions shared with tarotbear in PM when I first got my "jock edition" of the deck (only slightly modified for this post):

I really like the deck back. As a knitter, the pattern is appealing.

I thought you were going to make tarot-sized bags out of crew socks. In my copious spare free time (which means it may be the 12th of never before I get around to it), I'm going to cut one of the socks at the ribbing and make two bags out of it. The ribbing part won't need a closure as that's what the ribbing does. I'll just need to sew the bottom of the ribbing together. The bottom part of the sock won't need the bottom sewn closed, but will need work done on the top of the sock to create a more traditional tarot bag closure. So two bags out of one sock and a spare sock in case I mess up the first one. ;)

As to the cards themselves, very nice stock and finish - not too glossy and not too matte. The cards shuffle nicely. I don't think I looked at all the images you showed from the deck and still haven't gotten through your book to see them all, so some of them were a surprise:
  • I did a double take on the Hermit! :bugeyed: Exactly, what is that guy reaching for? Oh! His staff.... :laugh:
  • I love Death! (I'll have to translate the Latin at some point.)
  • I LOVE long hair on men (and short hair on women, so I'm weird that way })), so of course I love the whole Cups suit
  • Really like what you did with the 10 Cups with the cups circling the family mandala-like
  • Queen Cups looks like she's trying to make something appear under that handkerchief (magic act)
  • I like what you did with the top Pentacle in the 3 Pentacles, but technically there are 6 Pentacles in the image.... ;)
  • Do you actually have two doggies (10 Pentacles)? I do.
  • The books in the Page and King Pentacles give a definite "knowledge" slant to those cards. Never really thought about it, but I would associate knowledge more with Swords than Pentacles.
  • Interesting slant to the 6 Swords. Looks like you have to overcome your own thoughts (and fears) to get to the next level of your journey.
  • Are the right two swords of the four that are grouped right together on the same level in the 8 Swords a different color for a reason? (In my deck, they're a different shade of black than the other swords)
  • Deadlines and paperwork for the 9 Swords! How appropriate for this day and age!
  • I'm sorry, but your King Swords looks like a wannabe superhero! :laugh:

All in all, a great job! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Rodney

gregory

Oh heck - now I feel I have to write it up that well too... Laters... But I love it. Especially all the ones with YOU on, TB :)

I have translated the Latin - well, Italian. But I forgot what it was now; I will tell you in the morning :)

ETA Live with no regrets for yesterday. With added TB !

tarotbear

The Three Pentacles shows the Master Builder at a drafting table looking at a rather boring blueprint of three pentacles and 'sees' what he can change them into using his talent & skill.

Perhaps it should have faced in the other direction ...? *** ETA *** see post #6

BodhiSeed

Tarotbear, you've put a lot of thought into these images (instead of just a "redo" of the RWS) - well done!:thumbsup: I look forward to going through all the cards when my copy arrives from Game Crafter. :D

tarotbear

Flip - Flop; Yes, No, Maybe?

Original.

Original reversed.

If I run with this I will need someone who can correct the initials and date to the other side and then re-size it to be the exact same size as the original, because you can only replace a file with the exact same size file or the system rejects it.

Attachments

• Pent 003.jpg
    Pent 003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Pent 003 (2).jpg
    Pent 003 (2).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 131

gregory

I like the “unburdened” fool – I’d like to think it showed TB had shed a weight from his life ? and I love TB as Emperor.
HP looks like she is smirking “I know it all and you don’t nya nya” :D I like that !
I was a bit surprised you didn’t run with androgynous lovers, though.

And I’m with Rodney - Death is great.

Love the EXPRESSION on the face in 4 Cups. “I don’t THINK so…” and the seven is ever so exciting. Ten is a really nice layout. And I wondered what the Queen of Cups was up to, too.

Love the bird in the 9 Pents. (I am OK with the three, by the way. Seems like he is using the big ones as models for his art… two lots of three, rather than six !)

When I first looked at the Page of Pents I thought he was wearing a transparent helmet, like a spaceman :D

Six Swords is rather depressing – but an interesting take. and the figure in the 8 is VERY like in the two – it feels like a suggesting that they made a choice and got stuck with it ! I too love the 9. I remember it well !

As for the 10, hanging in to his specs against all the odds !!!! LOVE it !

I like the “welcome” in the 4 Wands.

I find myself regretting every card that has no person in it… Yes I know why – but I still do ! They are so expressive – all of them, the people !

Hey Rodney - my SO has long hair and mine is very short – we must meet up :D

tarotbear

The Page in the Hood ...

Page Pentacles - wearing a hoodie was as close as I could figure to 'wearing the veil' {as opposed to 'taking the veil!} in this modernization of Pam's intent.

Attachments

• Pent 011.jpg
    Pent 011.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 127

tarotbear

Hey!

I just won an accolade on TGC! Whoever just bought the last deck bumped me to up to 10 sales - and you get a 'Red Stone Seller' accolade on your Shop Page! I'll bet the next one is 100 sales ... was surprised to see it there; makes me look legitimate ... :D

firefrost

Congrats, TB!

I'm saving up for a deck - postage to the UK is a real downer. :(