The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud

pickled pixie

I would recommend the FO first definitely as the book is amazing, but as time goes on and you learn how to work with the fae I would recommend getting the HOF as they will speak to you without you having to rely on the book :D

The Happy Squirrel

I would recommend the FO first definitely as the book is amazing, but as time goes on and you learn how to work with the fae I would recommend getting the HOF as they will speak to you without you having to rely on the book :D

Ah. I see :) Will note that! At this point I must say I have preconceived notions about Faeries and I don't believe in them :) So I doubt I will go beyond FO. It takes a very special deck for me to even consider any Faeries related deck and FO is one! But you never know what could happen at the end of my journey with FO :)

pickled pixie

Ah. I see :) Will note that! At this point I must say I have preconceived notions about Faeries and I don't believe in them :) So I doubt I will go beyond FO. It takes a very special deck for me to even consider any Faeries related deck and FO is one! But you never know what could happen at the end of my journey with FO :)
Funny, I don't see this as a 'fairy deck' as I'm with you on the whole fairy thing!! The FO is very special! Have fun on your journey and remember to keep an open mind when working with these energies :)

juniper-shand

Buying both

Here I was, deciding that I was not going to buy another oracle deck and I went into my local half price books and there was the HOF for $10. There was not a rational explanation for me to purchase it. I just felt drawn to it. I've decided to pair it with the FO deck.

To those with both, since the back are different do you find it distracting?

KatieFae

To those with both, since the back are different do you find it distracting?

I use the two decks together, but I don't mix the cards. If I'm doing the cut and draw cards method, I just ask the question to one deck at a time. If I'm fanning the cards and picking them, I fan one deck and then the other just below it.