The Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Least Favorite Card

Alissa

scentsability, your willingness to share is inspirational!

I would say, don't be afraid when the Faeries hold up mirrors and show you things you need to see. There are as many aspects to the Fae as there are in our individual souls.

And don't forget, the least comfortable card is the one that carries the deepest messages for us. Just honoring that message is a tremendous thing....

scentsability

Soul Shrinkers message - Long Rant

Last night, for the first time I sat down and really read the Soul Shrinker info and you know it was a little uncomfortable to say the very least.

The more I thought about it the more I came to realize that this is what I receive in life because it is what I hand out. I never viewed myself in this light but when I read SS's message I know that these things are true about me in varying degrees. I am not a nasty person per se but I am very judgemental, opinionated, sarcastic and intolerant in many aspects of my life. I have been having a really rough time lately accepting the world around me for all it's nastiness and I guess I just thought I was not contributing to the black pool of ugliness.

Now because of SS, I really feel like I can see the light, a sort of road map to the life I want to live. Almost like a door that I didn't know was there, has been opened. I kinda feel renewed, like I know what to do and how to do it. Highest thanks and blessings to you SS!

This is what I am going to work on this year, is my tolerance, judgemental ways, my sarcasm, etc. I believe that my wonderful new little fae friends will help to guide my journey.

Thank you for listening to me ramble, I think I just needed to say it out loud for it to really make sense to me.

Jen

Alissa

One more thing to check out, scentsability...

For more on Soul Shrinker you can read the thread that sagitarian started for this unique Fae as well.

If you welcome Knowledge from the Fae, They will bring it to you. Of this I have no doubt. It takes courage and deep looking, but an honest desire to reach it will see you there.

Many many blessings....

yagottabelieve

least favorite 59 the bodacious bodach

just got my deck yesterday so i am glad that this thread was bumped.

i had a strong and immediate reaction to this card.

1 - he seems tense, like he is waiting to pounce, waiting for someone to slip up and make a mistake.

2- he is edgy, gray, dark, cloudy, foggy, hidden, lurking

3 - overly critical, complex but single minded. dark

4 - he doesn't seem to be compassionate, rather ready to swoop in a pick on any flaws that he sees.

5 - his face makes me the most uncomfortable, as if he is watching and waiting to jump. it is very tense.

6- he is strangely and eerily beautiful.

7- like i said, i had a very strong reaction to this card, it makes me feel extremely uneasy, the way he is just waiting to jump.

i am going to take today to spend reading the book and learning with the faeries. i am so happy with this deck. thanks for letting me join in!

Majecot

The Dark Lady

I have been putting this one off for some time now..
The Dark Lady makes me so uncomfortable I can barely even look at her.
She is very scarey to me. It is her eyes, they are penetrating.
I don't see her as evil necessarily, but when I look at her I feel like she can look into my soul. And that is very frightening.
There were many other cards that I found unapealing to look at but this one just makes me shiver.
I feel like she knows all of my secrects, even the ones I keep from myself. It is quite un-nerving.

I did acutally get my trusty magnafiying glass out tonite and examined the card. Her eyes are even more frightening that way.. I cannot believe I had the nerve to even look that close. ( I am trying to over come my fear of her) Even the full figure, when you look closley at her, she seems to be look at you from under her lids.
I noticed something on her belly,... is she pregnant? and what is she bracing her hands on?

TemperanceAngel

Soul Shrinker makes me shudder...XTAX

Imagemaker

I've been playing (emphasis on that) for about 3 weeks, watching my reactions shift among the less friendly faeries. Though the Bodach, Shrinker challenged me, I could find something to compliment them on.

Hobjah has great fingernails for distant itches, Shrinker carries the load of human meanness.

The two I still have trouble with are Bodach and Dark Lady--because of the mean intent I see in their eyes. The handbook says he's a meddler and she helps us through our grief and sorrow. I can deal with mean meddlers, but I don't get any feeling of "help" from Dark Lady. It says, she "understands how to surrender to divine power" and "helps us move forward to the place beyond grief.

Huh? This spirit?! Is her method to push me off a cliff to move me forward?

I get no feeling of surrender in her, either. With her head down, she looks sly and intimidating. With her head up, she looks arrogant and uncaring.

I think I have to go have a dialogue with her, or else she completely fooled Brian Froud and is gleefully plotting her next attack.

*shivers*

Island Dreamer

My least favourite card

.... I have to admit that the Soul Shrinker was the one who made me shiver too.

I don't have the notes I made to hand but I know I found the greyish tones of the card rather depressing - no bright colours, no stars, no wings - just this face in profile. I felt that he was sneering at me.

I realise now that my critical, perfectionist Virgo nature makes me exactly the sort of person who would give the Soul Shrinker something to work on.

He hasn't showed up in any of the few readings I've already done though.

Island Dreamer

floracove

The Soul Shrinker

Uncomfortable card.

Emotional:
Needing, solitude, lonely.

Physical:
Worn, tired, hungry.

Mental:
Complex, multi-dimentional, confused.

Spiritual:
Beginning of transformation.

What makes me uncomfortable with this card is the feelings of solitude, loneliness, and a knowing...

He/she seems more to me to be unhappy rather than frightening.

On a personal note...
My bad experiences with gossip have been from other people, not from my own self, gossiping of other's.

Jewel

Hi Floracove,

Poor little Soul Shrinker made many a list for least favorite card (my list included), but that will change for you as you get to know him. The look of the card will even change. Spend some time with him, he is a very gentle soul, and a very good friend. You might want to read through an old thread we had about him. Many of use here have gone from not liking him to loving him very much. When that transformation occurrs you will see him shyly smiling at you, you will see more pink tones and less gray in the card, and you feel him guiding you. He is now one of my most favorite faeries.

He is the embodiment of the saying "never judge a book by its cover."