The Fool as a desired situation?

liberated inferno

How can this be interpreted as a desired romantic situation? I can see it as excitement over a new journey, confidence about an uncertain situation, or maybe just being foolish ( or would that be reversed)?

danieljuk

it could be being foolish but that going to the extent that you are actually risk taking and a bit reckless becomes the reversed Fool.

I would also add to your good list of situations, new beginnings. its a romantic situation just starting out. its not deep love yet and maybe a bit awkward, but has promise. Will they call / text again? that sort of thing :)

liberated inferno

it could be being foolish but that going to the extent that you are actually risk taking and a bit reckless becomes the reversed Fool.

I would also add to your good list of situations, new beginnings. its a romantic situation just starting out. its not deep love yet and maybe a bit awkward, but has promise. Will they call / text again? that sort of thing :)

I see! Thank you so much. being that it is the start of the journey, it can go both ways, no?

MissMacchiato

I agree with danieljuk.

A time to be lighthearted and free of social conventions. To go with the flow and enjoy the journey. Also, to make that leap that may feel foolish or scary because you don't know what the outcome is.

At least, that is how I would read this.

swedishfish612

Perhaps a desire to feel innocent again, when you were so sure of your feelings and ready to take that leap...and not worried about getting hurt or being rejected. A desire for a relationship where you can be unhindered and carefree, where you can love openly and without reserve. Complete inhibition.

SA12

How can this be interpreted as a desired romantic situation? I can see it as excitement over a new journey, confidence about an uncertain situation, or maybe just being foolish ( or would that be reversed)?

Putting it bluntly -- I see the Fool as no-strings "fooling around" before people go their separate ways.

Grizabella

I'd say that this might pertain to someone who has a tendency to over-think romantic situations to the point that they ruin the whole experience so they just wish that for once they could throw caution to the winds and just go for it.

Or maybe a situation where the woman isn't on the pill or another always-in-place birth control method so they wish it were possible to just have sex whenever they felt the urge, rather than having to worry about some method of contraception.

Amanda

I think I'd go for the light-hearted, carefree interpretation... I like SA12's suggestion as well.

To offer something else:
Maybe the desired situation is something totally unexpected? Something way out of left-field?

liberated inferno

I agree with danieljuk.

A time to be lighthearted and free of social conventions. To go with the flow and enjoy the journey. Also, to make that leap that may feel foolish or scary because you don't know what the outcome is.

At least, that is how I would read this.

Going with the flow. That's a nice way of looking at it!

liberated inferno

Perhaps a desire to feel innocent again, when you were so sure of your feelings and ready to take that leap...and not worried about getting hurt or being rejected. A desire for a relationship where you can be unhindered and carefree, where you can love openly and without reserve. Complete inhibition.

Complete inhibition!! I like the innocence that is coming from this card.