The Fool as weakness

Tor

I got The Fool in a position for weakness, and I saw it as a huge warning.

I used Rider Waite, and the dog there is important for me when The Fool comes into any position that can turn to the negative.

A positive positioned Fool I would say is: Blessed naivety

A neutral positioned Fool I would say is: Naivety

A negative positioned Fool I would say is: Warning!

Of course I know some more interpretations of The Fool. But if I don't know much about the querent or the situation, I use the mentioned interpretations.

What do you think of this?

rwcarter

Well, "warning" isn't really a weakness. As a weakness, I'd say shortsightedness, being unaware of one's surroundings, leaping before you look, irresponsibility, naivete in some sense, not heeding warnings, generally being distracted, etc.

HTH,
Rodney

WalesWoman

As a weakness the Fool might be that naive quality of feeling invincible and fearless when they should be paying close attention to their surroundings and danger within them. Fear isn't always a thing of cowardice, it's a survival mechanism. Caution is not a dirty word or a bad thing.

I would think as a weakness it could be being too impulsive and not thinking things through, not considering that every action has an equal reaction, there are always consequences.

Tor

You both clarify it much better than I did, but hey - that's why I started the thread :)

I will save this for future usage. Thank you!

Geauxtee

The fool as a weakness.

Someone who is only interested in the here and now, with no thought or care to future.

pasara

To me, Fool as a weakness would simply mean foolish. A foolish person has poor judgment, he does not put much consideration into his actions or have good sense. He can be easily distracted or led astray, gullible or careless.

Tor

I appreciate all your takes on this.

I was able to adjust the situation, and instead of loosing myself and a lot of money - I only overspent 25 dollars and got a lesson for life.

I'm so happy for the tarot. When my brain seems to shut down, the cards comes with a warning.

I was naive, but did some damage control after The Fool appeared.

nisaba

I got The Fool in a position for weakness, and I saw it as a huge warning.

What do you think of this?

As a weakness, I'd see it as a tendency on the querent's part to "leap before they look", or even to be mentally weak.

starrystarrynight

Another possibility might be that this is a person who has always gotten by on the seat of his pants (by sheer luck, taking risky chances, being unconcerned with potential consequences)--and as a weakness, thinks this way of life will always serve him well. So, the staying-somewhat-naive-and-immature-and-never-growing-up mentality (sort of like Peter Pan.)