The Fool, Hermit and High Priestess (split from High Priestess & the 9 of pentacles...)

Fulgour

The Bennu Bird in the Persia Tree

Has it really been 2 weeks? Time to get working!
Here's something very interesting: there are only
2 planets exalted in Yang energy Zodiac signs...
The Sun in Aries -opposite from- Saturn in Libra.

All the other exaltations are either Water or Earth
which is Yin energy (except for the Lunar Nodes).

The Sun in the Tarot is XVII The Star (as I see it)
and Saturn is The Fool... but maybe we should talk
about that little bird on The Star card: The Bennu.

The_Star

The High Priestess

Fulgour said:
I believe, The High Priestess is the heart and soul of the Tarot,
just as the Moon is at the heart of ancient sacred astrology...
so it makes sense that she would reveal herself through any of
the cards since she is blessedly present in each and every one.

The High Priestess is the 'genie in the bottle'. She is a root cause of all of the MINOR arcana cards (circumstances). However, she is not the primary cause. The primary cause is The Magician.
An example:
You, as The Magician, install an operating system (Major Arcana) into your computer (your psyche). The High Priestess represents your computer's (psyche) memory (file archive).
The High Priestess continues to 'run' the program that The Magician installed (contemplation / focused intention) until changed by The Magician.
The High Priestess is unaware if the 'program' is good or bad. She is oblivious to either good or evil... she manifests according to the direction which she receives from The Magician.
As such, she brings forth either pleasant or unpleasant circumstances (or a hybrid) as represented by the Minor Arcana cards.

Fulgour

The_Star said:
The primary cause is The Magician.
Thanks for putting an end :) to my misery!

The_Star

The Fool's bag contents...

Fulgour said:
Did you ever wonder what The Fool had in that bag,
or what The Hermit was so patiently awaiting there?

The High Priestess is the only one who really knows,
her and The Hermit's dog, sent along after The Fool.
Regardless (temporarily) of the contents of The Fool's bag the size of the bag makes it clear that The Fool is unembumbered by material possessions.

Archetypally, The Fool, represents the spirit or soul who is 'clothed' in a material reality. The Fool is 'the contents' and matter is the 'container'.
The Fool is considered "foolish' because The Fool requires the guidance of The Magician (focused intention). The Fool represents raw creative power which is focused by The Magician towards a desired result. The Fool is an eternal spirit and is unconcerned about material well-being. It is The Magician that mediates between the spiritual and material 'realities'.

It is likely that the contents of The Fool's bag (including the bag itself) represents the 'creative or destructive potential' associated with Scorpio (astrologically). The Fool is without any 'power drainage' that is usually associated with the 5 senses..... the use of our senses requires energy.... activity, digestion, thinking, feeling, etc.
The combination of The Magician #1 and The Fool #0 = 10 or, in other words, causing The Wheel of Fortune (#10) to take a spin; the beginning of a new adventure or a change of course within a current adventure.

Fulgour

Shall I continue?

Fulgour said:
So why then would The High Priestess send The Fool
on an important errand to help The Hermit? Ah, well...
The Hermit is looking for the Sun (the planet, not the card).
Because he is Leo he has a righful claim to it but for now he
must wander in disguise ~ until he can reclaim his throne. :)

Does that help?
(it's a clue too)

Teheuti

The_Star said:
Regardless (temporarily) of the contents of The Fool's bag the size of the bag makes it clear that The Fool is unencumbered by material possessions.
I see your point about the Fool being unencombered, yet I can't help seeing the bag as being like Mary Poppins' carpetbag from which she could pull all kinds of things.

Sometimes it seems to me the the Fool has forgotten that he/she's even carrying the bag. This goes along with some of the older Magician cards in which a similar bag is seen lying open at the foot of his table. The Magician now has access to the elemental tools that were carried within.

Mary

lark

Once in a meditation the Fool opened his bag and the bird from the Star card flew out.
The morning star..venus?
Is the Hermit the Empress in disguise awaiting a return to her throne...?
Patriarchal over throw~ a return to the matriarch.
Oh Pixie you are a clever girl!

Fen Windglimmer

Fulgour said:
...I mean, if Aleph = Zero then
when you get to VIII Justice you have Leo and at
XI Strength it's Libra, and that was fixed by Waite.
Isn't there a theory that Pixie was responsible for the ideas in the deck... if this is true, wouldn't she be responsible for the 8-11 switch?

Love and light to all

Fen

Fulgour

lark said:
Once in a meditation the Fool opened his bag and the bird from the Star card flew out. The morning star..venus? Is the Hermit the Empress in disguise awaiting a return to her throne...? Patriarchal over throw~ a return to the matriarch. Oh Pixie you are a clever girl!
Not really a "return to the matriarch" since The High Priestess
has been the one and only POWER within the TAROT all along.
More like SHE is maintaining order among the power mad boys.
(Something we could do by dropping "Rider-Waite" as a name!)

Fulgour

Fen Windglimmer said:
Originally Posted by Fulgour
...I mean, if Aleph = Zero then
when you get to VIII Justice you have Leo and at
XI Strength it's Libra, and that was fixed by Waite.
Hi :) Fen. Interesting quote. Not from this thread though...

Fen Windglimmer said:
Isn't there a theory that Pixie was responsible for the ideas in the deck... if this is true, wouldn't she be responsible for the 8-11 switch?
What makes me think this question is insincere?