The Gilded Tarot

Ambience

Hi Peeps,

I just ordered this tarot and would like some feedback regarding what everyone thinks about it, pros' and con's.

I was nervous because there was so much to choose from. My next tarot will be the goddess tarot, and the golden tarot.

I currently own the original rider waite, universal waite, mythic, faries oracle, healing angels cards, runes, and would like to add more to my collection.

I chose Gilded because i instinctively felt it was the right think, despite all the other choices. I regret not purchasing the others, but i will soon.

Can anyone make me feel really positive about this choice?
Thanks
Love *& Light, Janey xx

Grizabella

The Gilded is an excellent deck! I can't say enough good about it. I don't think you'll regret having gotten it at all. As OakDragon has shown you, there are lots of discussions about the deck here at AT, so they'll say everything more eloquently than I could, I'm sure.

Owl Song

The Gilded Tarot is the deck that got me back into reading Tarot again after a hiatus of a couple of years. It's a very beautiful deck. The colors are vibrant and the images seem to be in constant motion, so full of life. This deck is a RWS clone and yet there are many new ideas presented in it, too. It also comes with a lovely book and Tarot bag as part of the set.

I love this rich, intricate deck. Definitely one of my favorites.

scheherazade

The Gilded is a gorgeous deck. It has its own identity without straying so far from the classics as to be impractical for reading. The imagery is beautiful. If you love this deck I'd also reccommend the Tarot of Dreams, also by Ciro Marchetti... more beautiful still.

rhinoa

A truely beautiful deck. I only use it for myself at the moment as the images are too lovely to share right now!

Little Baron

Cirom is a very talented artist, but as you want the 'cons', as well as the 'pros', I will make this thread a little more rounded, by saying that I do not like it. I owned it for a matter of hours and knew that it was not for me. I packed it up and it went back.

I find the colours to be too garish, to begin with, and the images, themselves, remind me of the now dated airbrushed posters that could be found in branches of Athena in the 80s. This style didn't fit with me. I had only seen a few samples before receiving it, so was not prepared. Also, in my opinion, a lot of symbolism of the tarot has been lost in this deck, as is in many clones or modern renditions; cards meanings and traditional images can often be altered or adjusted to suit the asthetics of the illustrations and artist's tastes, which is not always that much of a benefit to the reader, who is left with the 'bare bones' and little more to go on. I feel that anyone that has a long tarot journey will outgrow a deck like this after a while - moving on to something such as The Thoth or Marseille, which offer very serious competition.

This is, of course, just my opinion, which I have discussed with Cirom before. He is a very talented guy, but beauty is, as we all know, in the eye of the beholder, so my voice is just one in an ocean of many.

LB

Ambience

Wow it Arrived!

Had an immediate connection with this deck it's so beautiful. It puts my other decks to shame! i'm sure i will get alot of pleasure out of using this deck! It has a beautiful ambience about it. I will let you know how it treats me! I already did one spread, and i loved it. The cards just jumped out and told me the answer!

AMAZING..
Thankyou for all your feedback everyone!!

Love*& Light , Janey xx