The Hanged Man as outcome ??

Dangala

Hello everyone :)

I did a 3 month reading for my current job.. One card per month and an outcome card..

All 3 cards where very positive , except the outcome which has me a little confused..

I got the Hanged Man .. To me the hanged Man can mean a big change coming along and the need to roll with the punches and go with it instead of fighting the changes , to look at the situation in another perspective and try to see the positives not the negatives .. So as an outcome to my question which was .. How will the next three month be for my work?? Does this mean I might lose my job?? Or have my hours cut back? I don't feel this is a good outcome ..

I am worried also because the quint added to the hermit .. :/ thinking things over, time alone, looking for answers within..

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

SummerWind18

How I would read it

Well the hanged man has some of the meanings you listed (a change in your perspective for example) but there is one other meaning it often has, that of waiting and patience. It can mean something is turned upside down or something is reversed/changed the opposite way. It can mean hang in there or hanging out. It can mean suspended(maybe not a good outcome but a possible one, however in my experience outcomes are less dramatic). The hanged man is also a way of saying "tied up"--you cannot do anything or it is out of your control, or, you are "tethered" to something you can't break free of and feel "stuck to". You feel like you can't get or go anywhere. But then there are other meanings like how the guy is there to gain wisdom and might be sleeping on it or meditating on it. Yet another meaning is that of sacrifice and self-sacrifice, and in work related questions that often applies as things like you are making a sacrifice for work like doing overtime or you are "surrendering" yourself to something. Also, an additional meaning I just one day psychically intuited for this card is that of being part of a "family tree." As someone who often reads on career, this means you are part of an organization that is like a family or has a defined heirarchy. You are "descended" from something. Some websites that have helped me see multiple meanings for cards are tarotverbatim.com and also learntarot.com, they are great and I recommend them to everyone.

Dangala

Thank you summerWind18 that was very helpful. :)

I've been thinking about it and it even though I am not too fond of this card, it may not be as bad as I first thought. The hanged man can be real hard to translate and the suspending and patience part of it scared me specially because it has to do with work lol

benitasw

A good tip

A good tip to understand the energy of the card if you cant see it at first,
write down what your first impressions of the cards is, just write and write and/or pick a clarification card or do a spread around it.

This will help you feel with your intuition what it means to you.

Shanti

Laurelle

It can also be an "ah-ha" moment. Like when you realize something really big and insightful that you didn't see before.

Another interpretation is sacrifice.

RiverRunsDeep

In regards to career, I see the Hanged Man as indicating no upward mobility is possible at this time, no raises or promotions. Definitely a "stuck" feeling, maybe just a quiet, boring period of time at work with not much going on. I don't really see it as job loss, or anything quite that negative.

MissNine

The hanged man usually shows up for me in outcome positions when people are going to face something that stay stagnant unless they change perspective and look at the situation from another viewpoint. Sometimes a self-sacrifice needs to be made for the better good.

Dangala

A good tip to understand the energy of the card if you cant see it at first,
write down what your first impressions of the cards is, just write and write and/or pick a clarification card or do a spread around it.

This will help you feel with your intuition what it means to you.

Shanti

Thank you for the tip! It's a good idea. The first impressing I got was suspension and slow movement or no movement at all..

Dangala

It can also be an "ah-ha" moment. Like when you realize something really big and insightful that you didn't see before.

Another interpretation is sacrifice.

I hope it's a good " aha moment" lol

Dangala

In regards to career, I see the Hanged Man as indicating no upward mobility is possible at this time, no raises or promotions. Definitely a "stuck" feeling, maybe just a quiet, boring period of time at work with not much going on. I don't really see it as job loss, or anything quite that negative.

After I stopped freaking out I kinda reached this conclusion. Thank you. Makes a lot of sense.