The Hermit and aloneness

strangebrew

For the past 6 months I have been drawing this lovely card on and off....

It has become quite a large part of my life now. What at first daunted me has become such a light in my life....:)

Having "filled" my life with others for so long, i have now had the chance, since last October to be alone and go within. Although I admit to this not always being an easy path, oh my, it certainly has brought me to a place of enlightenment..

Of course, being an extremely warm and passionate woman, hasnt helped at times especially when i felt in need of another to hold...but always deep down was that "light" inside of me....guiding me

Now i truly believe God/the Universe brings us exactly what we need....

....at last, I can be alone, and feel peace and be happy.....!!!!

For me, i believe this is the only way to sustain a successful relationship with another, when we can truly be happy with ourselves...

Hope this helps anyone thinking of venturing on the hermits path

Blessings
xoxooxox

shadowmon

looks like i will be venturing this path, its not always the easiest, i have been on this path most of my life, when it does return it seems like an old friend that i dont want to see anymore

strangebrew

Aaaaahh i understand....:)

Even when i was surrounded by others, it only felt right to be alone....???

It's good to know of others too who are facing upto themselves...

....not easy.....but at times...necessary

Please feel free to write here anytime...we can compare notes :)

xoxoxox

memries

We are all alone strangebrew... others may be around for a long time or not but when we know we are alone we can handle it all with more joy when we have company we cherish or be alone in peace to think our own thoughts.

Good for you. I walked the path as well.

strangebrew

memries said:
We are all alone strangebrew... others may be around for a long time or not but when we know we are alone we can handle it all with more joy when we have company we cherish or be alone in peace to think our own thoughts.

Good for you. I walked the path as well.

Thanks memries....

Yes we are all alone for sure. I am still curious as to how long my hermits path is meant to last...hence my ever inquiring nature...i believe we should never stop asking questions...it helps to retain a childlike curiousity!

One thing that i have realised is i wouldnt want to LIVE with anyone else now and that has become such a positive thing in my life, as at one time i couldnt even be alone for a night...

When you say you walked the path as well...is that over now...??

:)

memries

For myself I will always be on that path as it is my perspective on life.
We live alone inside us. When you understand that a bit then life becomes richer. Not to say you cannot marry or have relationships but that knowing never leaves you. I would suppose that we have come into balance of who we are. We are given a life to live.. it is for us to live no one else. You could not nor should you try to live anyone else's life for them. That is a large part of the friction that people have, when someone else tells them what to do or be. Is just does not work. Coming into that awareness of being yourself takes a long time sometimes.

That is the way I have come to understand anyway. Nothing outside you should disturb your inner peace. It is when things come in on us that we get upset. Probably because we allow those things outside us to enter.

I go forward in my being to encounter the world and people and circumstance and situation. Sometimes hopefully very good and sometimes not but it all passes does it not ? You still are that being you are.

I hope I am not making this too complicated it is hard to explain. For example, if someone is nasty to you for no good reason.. is that your problem or theirs ? Theirs obviously, leave it with them do not take it on or in.

GryffinSong

Beautiful! I love hermit energy, and walk a happy hermit path perhaps half of my time. I find that the balance of walking alone and walking accompanied is a beautiful thing. And when I'm feeling overwhelmed with life, a hermit time is the only way I get through.