The LiteraTarot and Artists from Oceania

Solandia

There's a set of five collaborative tarot decks coming up from Museo dei Tarocchi, created by artists of each continent, and called the LiteraTarot.

Fern Mercier is coordinating the Oceanic project and is looking for artists to take part. My own artistic skills aren't up to the challenge, but for the artists from Australia and New Zealand, here are the details...

Each year the Museo dei Tarocchi Riola, Italy) hosts a new tarot project that invites artists to create an original work of tarot art following a specific theme.

The chosen contributions are then published by the Museo as unique, limited edition, collectable tarot decks.

Whilst in the past the projects have produced one deck per year, the 2008 project (called LITERATAROT...) is to be a collaboration of 5 decks - calling artists from 5 different continents. Each of the continents, Asia/India, Europe, USA, Oceania and South Africa will have artists contributing work towards a 22 card deck for their region. (Arnell Ando has recently finished getting together the artists from USA and her site of those tarot cards is

www.arnellart.com/museum-deck-thumbs.htm

We (Lyn Olds and myself) are the hosts for the Oceanic project and are looking for artists to contribute from Oceania...

The overall theme is literature. The goal, to merge a recognizable element of literature to the traditional and symbolic meaning of a specific Tarot card image.

We (Lyn Olds and myself) are creating a team of 22 artists from Oceania that will work on a tarot card deck consisting 22 Major Arcana cards, one by each artist, each card’s artwork being based on any great classic of literature, contemporary or historical.

(This does include myths, legends and fairy tales.) The final deadline for this project is 31 March 2008.

(Please note, card selection is that of the artist but will be on a first come first served basis.)

To take part, you can contact Fern through her website.

~ Solandia