The LoScarabeo

Mallah

There may already be a thread for this deck...it's a bit hard to search up though, because the name, "Lo Scarabeo" brings up all the decks they have published. I'm talking about this one:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lo-scarabeo/

The "Lo Scarabeo" tarot.

The only two cards I really really don't like are shown there....figures...the Wheel and the Magician.

Anyone else using it? I have really liked it...not as my "number one" but i really like some of the little additions...like the baby in the Justice card (at Justice's feet there's a baby in a basket (Moses, no doubt,) with a blindfold on.

The card designer tried to merge the RWS, THoth, and TdM imagery, and then threw in some new stuff too, that seems sort of insightful.

It seems like it's one that's not much discussed round these parts; maybe a "sleeper".

The art is almost anime...which might be another reason for it's being passed over...(make their eyes bigger, you'd be there....)

I'm just wondering if others use it/like it/hate it.

It's sort of grown on me, and I'm surprised by that.

Mallah

@ cardlady22

thanks for the hookup!
I've sorta been diggin' into that deck a bit.

Hathor

I also have this deck and love the images. I haven't spent nearly enough time with it as I had hoped. So many decks, so little time.

Thanks Mallah for bringing it up ! I will pull it out of the chest and spend time with it this evening.

Regards,
Hathor

tarot heart

Well, it's one of my favorites and one of the few I purchased a backup for. You're right, it does combine elements from the other systems, which I never really noticed until you mentioned it. I might wind up giving it a slight trim around the edges, there's just a little too much white in it. Then I think the art will stand out much more. But definitely a keeper deck. Thanks for bringing it up!

:)

Mallah

Yeah, I trimmed mine right down to the image. The back is a LITTLE off center, but it's not too annoying, and the cards look great. They are quite small.

I'm liking this deck more and more as time goes by. I'd like a different wheel, and i'm not so fond of the magician, but there's nothing really WRONG with them.

gregory

It was designed to combine elements from RWS, Marseille and Thoth. It was a sort of celebration for 20 years of Lo Scarabeo publishing - along with a rather lovely book about the company (no, you don't get that with the deck. :D)

Opinions vary very much as to whether it succeeds in doing so; some see way too much RWS and no proper pip cards for the Marseille tradition, for one thing - but I do like it to use.

ann823

Yeah, I trimmed mine right down to the image. The back is a LITTLE off center, but it's not too annoying, and the cards look great. They are quite small.

I'm liking this deck more and more as time goes by. I'd like a different wheel, and i'm not so fond of the magician, but there's nothing really WRONG with them.

Do you have any scans?

Mallah

I can do that. I'll have to figure out to attach scans, but that's no prob.

Any particular cards you want to see?

I will show the back of one, too...trimming them makes the scarab design off center, and you lose part of a scarab, but it's unimportant (to me...). It's whats on the front of the card that matters.

Mallah

Hmmm...scanner having issues; so another time perhaps?