The Love Pack --- Help!

Liz C

FaeryGodmother said:
When a negative card comes up I work through it. (Either by myself if I'm reading for myself or with the sitter if there is one). I work out why the card comes up. I recognise where the negative feeling is coming from and I release it or acknowledge it. Then I draw another card. If I draw another negative then I start again working out whats going on for me. And I keep drawing cards (and working through the layers) till I come to a postive one.
Hi FG. I saw this sort of reading/technique in the book that comes with the deck. I haven't ever tried this. Where you say that you that you recognise where the negative feeling is coming from, and release it or acknowledge it....how long does this process take? Is it something that you do during the reading? I'm interested in this process...I saw it in the book, where the author described doing it with clients, but wasn't sure how you would go about doing it without a person to guide you.

Cheers,
Liz.

Pao

well......that did it!! i couldn't help myself with this discussion and bought the deck!!! i hope its as good as it looks lol

FaeryGodmother

Liz C said:
Hi FG. I saw this sort of reading/technique in the book that comes with the deck. I haven't ever tried this. Where you say that you that you recognise where the negative feeling is coming from, and release it or acknowledge it....how long does this process take? Is it something that you do during the reading? I'm interested in this process...I saw it in the book, where the author described doing it with clients, but wasn't sure how you would go about doing it without a person to guide you.

Cheers,
Liz.
It can take AGES! Especially if someone has a lot of issues. I'm sure it would work even better for trained psychologists or counsellors but i find simply discussing the issue with the sitter or being 100% honest with yourself if you are reading for yourself works as well. I always feel much lighter after reading this way. Yes, you do it during the reading because as each issue is released you pick another card. I get the sitter to hold onto the deck and after they have talked themselves out or understood what the card is talking about I say "ok, pick another card". (this also helps just move them on from the issue.) And you simply keep working through the issues till a positive card comes up.

Sometimes there will be a position that can end up with something like ten or more negative cards- its those times that you realise what the person needs is therapy- by that stage I start saying, ok, what does this person need to HEAL this issue, a positive card will usually pop up after that with what they person needs to move on.

Liz C

Hi FG. I would be interested to have a go at this process. Is there a particular spread that you can recommend to me? Do you use one of the spreads in the book, or do you have your own?

FaeryGodmother said:
Yes, you do it during the reading because as each issue is released you pick another card.
I realise that releasing problems or issues is not easy....and I'm not sure that they are always 'released' in one sitting. But it sounds really interesting, and I guess the main thing is its opening up awareness, which is always helpful.

If I was in NSW I'd love to come and get a reading from you! Sounds great. But your a bit too far away!

Liz

FaeryGodmother

I generally use the spreads from the book- The Patterns of the Present and the Expanded version being the one i use most.

I also use this deck quite frequently the Harsh Truth spread. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27675

All I can suggest is try it one afternoon that you have free. I also suggest, if possible, having a best friend over to discuss it with. And if thats not possible then jot things down in a diary to read later.

Let us know how you go with it.

BLFO

I have been working with this deck for a week and I kind of like it, although there is some getting used to with this. It is totally different from tarot and I need to stop comparing it to tarot, but I have been studying tarot for 4 years that and this is my first oracle that I need to mentally let go of my expectations.

Here is my issues with this deck. Do I pay attention to the words? Or can the illustration have meaning? So far the illustrations have no meaning, just the words? For instance, "floating in air" for lucky?

You know how some people look at the illustrations for tarot, has anyone done so with this deck? You had any results?

Pao

Hii

ok I just got the deck today and I feel your frustration. I get what you mean now. I personally did my first reading (which I posted for insight) and followed the image first. then the word as an underlying msg. the book I didnt bother looking at. I gota get used to it like you my dear!

:D

FaeryGodmother

BLFO said:
Here is my issues with this deck. Do I pay attention to the words? Or can the illustration have meaning? So far the illustrations have no meaning, just the words? For instance, "floating in air" for lucky?

You know how some people look at the illustrations for tarot, has anyone done so with this deck? You had any results?
I personally don't really use the pictures as much as the concept/ idea/ feeling of each card. For example the deception card doesn't always refer to you lying to your partner or your partner lying to you, it could refer to you lying to yourself or you both lying to others about whats going on in your relationship or any other number of things that deception can refer to. And the positive cards. As for how you should do it, just go with what works. Try it a few different ways to see how you feel about each way.

I admit I am curious to see how the deck works for others. :)

Liz C

FaeryGodmother said:
I personally don't really use the pictures as much as the concept/ idea/ feeling of each card.
I agree with FaeryGodmother. I just get a feeling about the 'essence' of the card. I don't study the card with a micoscope, noting the colour of the people's clothes, how many birds are in the tree, etc, etc. Its not tarot. With tarot I tend to pay a lot closer attention to all the symbolism. With this deck, I guess I would just let the image speak to me.

I feel the word and picture on the card are equally as important. I feel that most of them are pretty staightforward, and the book is quite helpful. I think sometimes we make things more complex than they really are (particularly after studying tarot, which can be very complex).

For example, with the card 'Floating on Air' you have a couple, floating in the air facing one another. Without even looking at the book, to me it conveys that feeling of being in love, so in love with a person, that you are deliriously happy.

I would just relax and feel what the essence of each card is :)

MardiGras

Try to work through it if you can. I have the Native American cards lo scarabeo and i ordered the native American tarot deck. I am going to try to work through it as the images are quite attractive. so hang in there. perhaps you're not ready for the deck now but in time it might be the right one for you. if you really feel you don't connect to the deck perhaps you can swap it with someone on a forum.

I wish you well with this as I am going through this as well.

I also have a deck i can't trade called the atavist tarot presentation pack as my guides yelled you have to work through this deck things your avoiding seeing and knowing things...you will find this out in the future. ok all well and good,great advice but ....not for me. so perhaps I will swap that out. it weighs over 1kg so it's a bit hefty to send in the post.

i have quite a few oracles myself and love them I use doreen virtue ones and have the whole set well nearly awaiting daily guidance deck. oracles are so different to tarot decks and need a different approach.

keep smiling and have a great weekend

((hugs)) to you!

MG