The Magician: what is he SPECIFICALLY saying?

kmagdalena09

I pulled a Celtic Cross for a friend who is a science major like myself, growing to hate it, wondering if she has a future in song writing. The outcome card was the Magician.

What exactly is he saying? Either way it's positive, but I feel like it could just be "well, yeah, if you put the work into it, you can be successful, just like anybody else. As above so below." Or does it specifically say anything about her abilities, talents, fate, etc? How do you see him? The card preceding him in the hopes/fears position was Ace of Pents. Thanks!

laurence

I don't think It's like just anybody else. Getting The magician in the outcome regarding a career is rather encouraging even great. It means she's got a lot of potential and real abilities to succeed.
I think her success depends more on what she trusts, not fate or skills as she might fear the not so financially secured choice of that career.(ace pent)

REsubmerged

I recently received The Magician in a reading that made it's meaning very clear to me.

Magician is about the power to communicate your ideas in a way that other people can understand. Communicating your vision. But it takes a lot of focus and self control. It takes conscious intent and use of the will.

Sar

Magician is about to make people believe that you are far more clever than you actually are.

Padma

It is my belief that the Magician is a card that explains you can take what is in the ether above you, the Universal Plenum, and make it work for you in the concrete world. It makes me think of taking an inspiration or idea, plucking it from the Universe or having it sent as divine inspiration, and refining it mentally (planning and shaping), then making it appear in the material world as a "fait accompli" (accomplished fact). Just like painting a picture, say, or composing a song.

ETA so in specific, he is saying, use the inspiring or creative thoughts that come your way, and make them into reality.

Hope that helps!

nisaba

I pulled a Celtic Cross for a friend who is a science major like myself, growing to hate it, wondering if she has a future in song writing. The outcome card was the Magician.

What exactly is he saying? Either way it's positive, but I feel like it could just be "well, yeah, if you put the work into it, you can be successful, just like anybody else. As above so below." Or does it specifically say anything about her abilities, talents, fate, etc? How do you see him? The card preceding him in the hopes/fears position was Ace of Pents. Thanks!

The Magician *does* things, he doesn't sit back and wait. (Arguably he's the Tarot-character least likely to use Tarot, deeming it a waste of time!)

If she really wants to be able to exist on music, she needs to stop dreaming and take practical steps.

kmagdalena09

The Magician *does* things, he doesn't sit back and wait. (Arguably he's the Tarot-character least likely to use Tarot, deeming it a waste of time!)

If she really wants to be able to exist on music, she needs to stop dreaming and take practical steps.

Honestly I think this is pretty new for her. The whole reason we bonded was because she spent her entire adolescence on her way to becoming a doctor like her family wanted, meanwhile, there was something else she was better suited for. There was creativity she wanted to express. But how, she didn't know.

In our talks, she spoke of lately feeling sad that she didn't end up in show business. I won't go into detail but her life turned out in a way that she won't be the one on camera or on stage. At the same time, she's lost the desire for "fame" with age, that's not important anymore, so it doesn't bother her that much, as long as she still has her work out there and expresses the songs inside of her. She's been writing a lot and it's almost like it's channeled because these brilliant melodies come out of her.

As far as taking steps, she's trying to manifest a piano. (Not enough resources right now to just go out and buy even a crappy used one.) Can't pitch a song without an instrument and she had learned piano when she was little so she feels a special connection to that instrument. Keeping it all on the down low, I think I'm the only person she's told; she's not ready to quit school & move to LA or anything drastic like that.

So my exploration of The Magician was exactly this. Is he saying that this is a good place for her to go, or is he simply telling her that with work, it's possible?

kmagdalena09

It is my belief that the Magician is a card that explains you can take what is in the ether above you, the Universal Plenum, and make it work for you in the concrete world. It makes me think of taking an inspiration or idea, plucking it from the Universe or having it sent as divine inspiration, and refining it mentally (planning and shaping), then making it appear in the material world as a "fait accompli" (accomplished fact). Just like painting a picture, say, or composing a song.

ETA so in specific, he is saying, use the inspiring or creative thoughts that come your way, and make them into reality.

Hope that helps!

Interesting you say this cause as I mentioned to another poster, she did say she feels lately almost as if she's been channeling songs. It just comes from Universal energy through her. Now if only she could do the same with her vision for her future.

kmagdalena09

I recently received The Magician in a reading that made it's meaning very clear to me.

Magician is about the power to communicate your ideas in a way that other people can understand. Communicating your vision. But it takes a lot of focus and self control. It takes conscious intent and use of the will.

I'm very thrilled with these responses because so much of what you guys say resonates with something she said to me when we were talking about this. She was talking about pop songs, forgettable and generic pop vs. Michael Jackson or the Beatles pop that challenged the way people viewed things; writing songs that appealed to the masses not because they were generic and could easily appeal to tens of millions of people, but because they grabbed your attention by how strongly they challenged the paradigm. Being understood, communicating her ideas, but not in a bland way; in a "I never thought about it like that way," if that makes sense.