The Medieval Cat Tarot

hineniHetheret

I just got this deck by order at my small local bookstore (why shop at Borders, when you can support something smaller?) and I'm curious as to if any of you own it, and if so, what you think of it.

HearthCricket

I own it and I love it! The smaller images are very intricate and the colours just glow. It makes a nice reading deck and I think it is a sleeper. Most people past it by, but I love the costumes, and brown and gold colours give it that antique tapestry look. I think you are going to have fun with this deck!

ilweran

I have this as well and think it's great - some of the cards are very amusing as well :D

Quester

This is a feel good deck...feels good in the hand and makes you feel good when you use it.

WolfSpirit

ilweran said:
I have this as well and think it's great - some of the cards are very amusing as well :D

I agree, I love those funny little pictures :)
It's really a lovely deck but it never got much attention.

ilweran

I just dug my copy out and it's the 7 Swords I particularly like, it's just so true :D It reminds me of when the cats got the remains of the Xmas turkey out of the cupboard while we were out and we got home to find one of them still gnawing on it and the smarter cat feigning complete innocence, with a look of 'Turkey? On the floor? I'd not noticed...'.

Rosanne

I could not quite squeeze it into the top 10 of my list- but it was out on the floor among the candidates.
I think the Aces are superb.
It's the eyes that that I find really interesting.
I like unnumbered Majors.
I have enlarged the Front of the Box with the Jestor Cat playing or reading cards,
I like the 'oops where did that come from?' attitude or the 'did I miss my turn?'
because you can take the facial expressions a hundred ways.
It is the only brown deck I really like.
~Rosanne

enchanted spirit

Oh, I got this deck on a whim, and I really love it!!! It is CUTE, but not icky. And it reads well! Those little cats have a lot to say.

Debra

It reminds me of the Old English--the little images are not quite what you might expect. I had it, traded it away, and just got it again (thanks AJ!) and I like it very much. Meow.

BrightEye

I got this one for a friend a while ago. She's a cat lover, of course. I really like the autumnal atmosphere. I nearly bought myself one too, but I think you have to be really into cats...