The Moon and womens problems

mystic mal

As regarding health matters when the moon appears in a spread it can relate to pre menstrual tension,water retention,pregnancy issues and depression.the "lunar"tic of course comes from it.When a woman is on the "change" she is literally changing to her 3rd role maiden/mother/crone. Even the word menapause means shes giving men a pause as her role of 2nd phase (mother) or mothering is over.She is then the "Grand"mother,one who has gone through the third stage and finally the "great,grand mother. Wow,Im at this stage now,gone through the 3 phases/faces on the Moon card.Guess that makes me an old crone eh?

Briar Rose

I am 45 and my massage therpist says that women that are 50+ are so strikingly beautiful. And he's hot!!!!

So he helped me to feel comfortable in my aging process. I'll tell you, I haven't been that comfortable with 'getting older.' My picture on my profile is only a year old, but still, I look, and know the youth I was had was gone.

I notice a maturity when talking. I like that.

However, I notice that it takes a lot longer just to take off 5 lbs, and no matter how skinny, the skin around the armpits (hate that word) isn't that same.

But, I am glad to did this thread.

Who thought of the name crone, and why couldn't someone come up with a better sounding name?

Grizabella

I'm proud of my name----Crone. I love it. And I had to chuckle over giving "men a pause". LOL All my life I thought I was incomplete without a man. Now I can't imagine having to make the compromises of having a relationship and I'm a definite 9 of Pentacles woman. :) I love being single now that the hormones have slowed down to a trickle instead of a raging boil.

Never fear----when you achieve Crone status, I think you may feel a little differently about it, HeavensVault.

You know, a word is only what associations we have for it. If you were used to thinking of a shriveled up old woman when you saw the word "goddess" and a lovely woman when you saw the word "crone", then you'd feel differently, right? I see the word "crone" much differently now that I am one than when I wasn't. :)

Sulis

The Moon card for me is the card that shows up about a week before my period is due but only if I'm feeling headachey and have bad PMS.
It's a card of hormone imbalances for me.
If it shows up with the Queen of Swords around that time of the month then my family knows it's time to be nice to mum or keep out of my way })

I love the word crone and I love the fact that I'm getting older too.
Yes I'd love to look like a 20 year old sometimes but not often. All the way through my 20s I looked like an 18 year old (well into my 30s actually) and it was so annoying.
At least folks don't speak to me as if I'm a teenager any more.
Crone says wisdom to me, it says the beauty of age, of someone who has lived and experienced things. That is just as attractive as the flush of youth :)

Eilan

mystic mal said:
Even the word menapause means shes giving men a pause as her role of 2nd phase (mother) or mothering is over.
menopause doesn't mean to give men a pause! It's only a linguistic coincidence, a false friend! It comes from greek menos=month + pausis=end, it means 'end of menstruation'. ;)

aurora-paige

It doesn't surprise me that the Moon comes up for "women's problems". Throughout history the majority of the moon goddesses were females (I think there might be one or two that are male but I'll have to check up on my notes for that)

Also the fact that the moon repeats its cycle every 28 days (same as menstruation)

Then the phases (including the ones that are not really considered phases but humour me) new/birth waxing/maiden, full/mother, waning/crone/wise woman, dark/death

Grizabella

Eilan said:
menopause doesn't mean to give men a pause! It's only a linguistic coincidence, a false friend! It comes from greek menos=month + pausis=end, it means 'end of menstruation'. ;)

I know what it means and I'm sure mystic mal does, too. :D I just liked the play on words as I'm sure she does, too. :)

jayem

im 19 and im terrified to get older. i take very good care of myself. i started my cycle at freakin 9yrs old, so im afraid im going to reach that 'crone' stage in my late 30s. ive always loved the moon; it is always portrayed as a womanly figure in any sense, and even in spanish or italian its a fem word (la luna).

Astraea Aurora

jayem said:
i started my cycle at freakin 9yrs old, so im afraid im going to reach that 'crone' stage in my late 30s.

Don't worry. My gynaecologist said to me women who enter their menstruational cycle at an early age (age 12 or younger) have it much longer than women who enter it later in their teens. There's a good chance you will still be fertile at 45+. My mom has only ended her cycle when she turned 48 or 49 and I began at the age of 10. Seems to be in the genes.

Suli said:
The Moon card for me is the card that shows up about a week before my period is due but only if I'm feeling headachey and have bad PMS.

Wow. I've never noticed the Moon card before my menstruation but know I will take a closer look at it. :D