The new D&G Fragrance Anthology inspired by Tarot

AJ

I haven't got a clue who the people associated with the scents are.
I'm so out of the loop as to be classified as cromagnon I think.

Le Fanu

I love the idea of tarot being mainstream and people experiencing tarot in non-threatening, intelligent contexts, but why do I find this campaign silly and shallow?

Is it just because they've hijacked "tarot" as something taboo and risqué and dark and tied it to random scents which have nothing whatsoever to do with tarot?

DaisyDragonfly

Sniffed at them today at Debenhams.

My favourite? Wheel of Fortune. It's actually quite lovely and - more to the point - has stayed on my skin. I'll probably buy a bottle when I run out of my current fragrance.

For what it's worth, though, there was nothing remotely tarot-related in its advertising. Just the bottles and the photographs of the models. Tarot people would see the fragrance names and know they were tarot cards... otherwise, there was nothing to link the two.

Filipa

I love l’imperatrice and i also like la lune, the other are ok but a little too sweet for me

Citrin

I got number 3, L'imperatrice, as a gift from my mom, and she also sent me the receipt so I could go down to the store and chose the one I liked the best haha! I decided to stick with the one she chose. ;) I absolutely LOVE it. Smells amazing I think. It's very fresh and youthful.

I also liked La Lune, but honestly, the others were kind of bland and boring in my opinion...

littlestar

I cant wait to try these fragrances. I am a huge D&G fan as i am a tarot fan :)

SarahRacheal

Just as I was leaving my job in cosmetics these launched - right opposite my counter! I feel the need to say a lot of people find the ad campaign well annoying, you've got all of these super models naked in front of you all day long, talk about giving someone an inferiority complex! And up to seeing the images that linked them to tarot on the Deviant moon site I can hand on heart say I had no Idea they were tarot related all the names are just numbers on the frontages of the stands.
Also they weren’t going down well with Jo Public, out of 6 scents only 2 were selling :(

Sarah x

stephyjh

I have L'Imperatrice, and I really like it. But it's just too expensive for everyday wear. Those who are looking for a good citrus fragrance, there's a really good one that's a lot less expensive, called Esencia de Duende by J. Del Pozo. I wear it all the time, and though it's not tarot themed, it's a lot more of a comfortable fragrance for me.

Filipa

i have l'imperatrice too and i will purchase la luna (good thing i work in the airport area so i get parfums without the VAT) :D
l'imperatrice is awsome bu it is very fresh will be great for summer days, not for now