The Occult Achievement of the 20th Century-The Thoth

Bernice

Professor X: You have a immortal soul that dwells within you,
Not if you're Buddhist.

But I can't see the connection with a 20th century occult achievement.

Bee :)

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father (Kether), but by me (Tiphareth).[/i]

I love it when my old Sunday School experiences suddenly become useful. :laugh:

Thanks.

AW

Aeon418

Kenshin Gordon said:
God can't be subjective, and he can't be entirely realized since he is omniscient and omnipresent, unaffected by time and space.
What can an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent (non)being, outside the laws of time and space actually do? The short answer is, absolutely nothing. Events, and the expereince of them, are only possible from a limited, finite, subjective point of view. So God is in a bit of a bind here. All those infinite possibilities and no way to realise them. What a shame. :(

Take a blank sheet of paper. This blank sheet represents the undiferentiated No-Thing. Some people like to call it God. Now pick a point within the No-Thing and draw a circle around it. Congratulations! You've just created the universe. How was it for you? :laugh:

Suddenly Self and Not-Self have been created. Possibilities can now be realised and manifested from a particular point of view. You are one such point of view. What the divine wishes to experience from that point of view is called True Will. Unfortunately this illusion of finite existence is only possible through this little temporary phantasm called an ego. The ego, not seeing the big picture, doesn't want to play ball with the True Will. Instead it fearfully sits inside it's little circle and says to itself, I am I. And throughout it's little life it tries to maintain the circle (Tower) at any cost. :rolleyes:

Now rub out the little circle. Congratulations. You've just experienced death and re-awakened to the fact that you are God, who is No-Thing.

Fancy another go? No problem. Just kick youself out of Eden, again. ;)

Kenshin Gordon

Aeon418 said:
What can an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent (non)being, outside the laws of time and space actually do?

... but also inside.

EDIT: I will further elaborate then. Let's think of God as the First Mover, or the un-caused cause. He set causality in motion, and sits back to let things unfold. Even knowing all possible outcomes does not necessarily conclude that one has complete control over the future.

Take this for example: in a chess game, players are at an advantage if they can calculate the possible moves an opponent can play until checkmate/stalemate. As the game progresses, the number of moves exponentially decreases until only one move remains. The best chess players can see 5, 10, maybe even 20 moves ahead and plan their strategies accordingly. Were your statement true, that would make these chess players just about omniscient and omnipotent in the boundaries of the game, because they have already seen the outcome of the game 20 moves ahead. This would obviously be a fallacious statement (and I in no way intended to compare a master chessplayer to God) because it is not the master chessplayer who moves the pieces, but you- the master chessplayer merely anticipates your moves. Ultimately, you are the person who directly controls the outcome.

But again, attempting to rationalize an irrational force is like fitting a square into a circle. What we are simply doing is grounding the characteristics of a hypothetical force; that is, if God were as the Bible says or most religions and knelt to the rules of logic.

Aeon418

Kenshin Gordon said:
... but also inside.
Yes, that's you. ;)
Kenshin Gordon said:
So, what is "true will" and why should it be followed?
See my previous post. I stated it quite plainly.

Debra

I totally get this, Aeon.
I just don't get all the hoo-ha that seems to follow on.
Like for example 10 Sephiroth and 22 paths and ancient Egypt and all that.
I guess my problem is "occult." God is hidden in plain sight.

Aeon418

Debra said:
I totally get this, Aeon.
Thanks Debra. I'm glad someone gets it. :laugh:
Debra said:
I just don't get all the hoo-ha that seems to follow on.
It's all for the benefit of little-self, the ego. It has to be progressivly instructed (Initiated) through symbol and myth to get it to loosen it's fearfull grip on the walls of the Tower. Why is it so complicated and convoluted? Because that's the way we are.

The process is simplicity itself. All you have to do is let go. And yet this is the most incredibly difficult thing for us to do because the illusion of separate existence is so powerful. And so the way out is tortuous and convoluted. Luckily there are adventurous trailblazers ahead of us on the path who have made helpful maps of the journey ahead of us. One such map is the Thoth Tarot. But like all maps it does help if you know how to read it.

Kenshin Gordon

Aeon418 said:
And yet this is the most incredibly difficult thing for us to do because the illusion of separate existence is so powerful. And so the way out is tortuous and convoluted.

Can anyone prove a separate existence doesn't exist? What is the proof?

Edited my previous post.

Aeon418

Kenshin Gordon said:
Can anyone prove a separate existence doesn't exist?
Yes. But only you can prove it to yourself. Sorry, that's the nature of the game. Just like you can't experience the taste of an apple vicariously. ;)

How to do it? Throughout the ages great teachers have provided us with various ways and methods to something they termed liberation, enlightenment, illumination, mastership, union with God, K&C, etc.

Pick one of these methods. (Bearing in mind that some of these methods were devised a long time ago and in very different cultures from our own. So check the sell by date before you tuck in. :laugh:) Follow it out to it's conclusion. Simple as that. Best of luck. :D

Aeon418

Kenshin Gordon said:
I will further elaborate then. Let's think of God as the First Mover, or the un-caused cause.
Okey dokey, lets do that. :)
Kenshin Gordon said:
He set causality in motion, and sits back to let things unfold. Even knowing all possible outcomes does not necessarily conclude that one has complete control over the future
Ok....... so he sets everything in motion and sits back, even though he already knows all possible outcomes. :confused:

Is it just me? Or does that sound a bit boring? Why does he bother? No wonder the guy has anger management problems. :laugh: