the Odd Couple?? King/Queen Wands

being_chrysalis

I know this could fit in a "reading" thread but the pairing itself is more intriguing to me --

King of Wands (reversed) with a Queen of Wands (upright)

Any thoughts? The energy circulating between these two facinates (and maybe just a bit frightens) me!

WalesWoman

LOL With all the passion between those two.... anything! My gutter mind immediately thought of yin/yang or 69. In one sense, these two would create their own cycle or circle, constantly feeding on the other or chasing each other's tail.

King Wands Rx... maybe be stubbornly determined to have his way, despite very real obstacles and objections, while the Queen is equally determined to fix everything and make miracles happen herself. So I'd expect a lot of clashes from this pairing... tilting at windmills sort of stuff.

Or if everything the King is upright is blocked... that he is submissive and doesn't stand up for anything and is under the Queens dominion... basically henpecked.

Then again... if the above was true... it could be that he is subverting her efforts to Be All. In another way of looking at this, it could be conflicts between elements of character... the male/rational/active creative force with the female/intuitive/passive creative force and that reversed, that one is being repressed or oppressed... since QW is a very forceful queen despite her passive. So maybe in another way, she is trying to keep that balance to make up for his shortcomings.

I don't know... I've got this image in my head now of things going around and around and never going anywhere but in circles.

shaveling

From what I've seen of this couple in the Tarot of Marseilles:

Sexually, he's a bottom, and she's a top. If his card is reversed, maybe something is getting in the way of their role playing. Too bad: they make a great Odd Couple.

For the other areas of life, a striking thing about the court cards of this suit is that they all face the same direction. They have a shared vision. With the king's card turned around, maybe something's distracting him from the common ideals or goals that he shares with her. Or maybe at this point, they're what he used to share with her.