The "Old Soul"...

faerylvr

I think sometimes readers use "old soul" as a catch phrase, rather than believing it one way or the other. While I believe in old souls, I don't think that always means past lives and I NEVER use it when reading. My 6 year old on the other hand has what I call an old soul... he would rather worry about global warming and whether the Earth can fall out of orbit if we pollute to much, then play with his cars. I have been known to tell him he has an old soul, but only in the sense that he doesn't seem to know how to turn off worrying about things on a level that most 6 years old don't even know exist. He will chat worm holes and black holes and light years with the best of us. To me, that is an old soul.

lark

faerylvr said:
I think sometimes readers use "old soul" as a catch phrase, rather than believing it one way or the other. While I believe in old souls, I don't think that always means past lives and I NEVER use it when reading. My 6 year old on the other hand has what I call an old soul... he would rather worry about global warming and whether the Earth can fall out of orbit if we pollute to much, then play with his cars. I have been known to tell him he has an old soul, but only in the sense that he doesn't seem to know how to turn off worrying about things on a level that most 6 years old don't even know exist. He will chat worm holes and black holes and light years with the best of us. To me, that is an old soul.
Now these kind of souls aren't old they are little old alien souls....and they can't stand to see what we are doing to our planet.
Because where they came from in their last lifetime they took much better care of their planet.

Glass Owl

faerylvr said:
My 6 year old on the other hand has what I call an old soul... he would rather worry about global warming and whether the Earth can fall out of orbit if we pollute to much, then play with his cars. I have been known to tell him he has an old soul, but only in the sense that he doesn't seem to know how to turn off worrying about things on a level that most 6 years old don't even know exist. He will chat worm holes and black holes and light years with the best of us. To me, that is an old soul.
That's what I see as an old soul too. A person who is wise beyond their years.

The crowned one

I did not know souls aged. I consider energy sort of outside of time. :)

Some people are born wiser then others some smarter, some better looking or stronger I guess it depends on your physical hard wiring. Still when you look at your plus and minus we are all pretty much equal, and our points all total 100 in the end, I like to think.

Debra

When I was exhausted by a grueling month long yoga teacher training, far from home, and falling apart physically and emotionally, I went for a massage that somehow moved tons of energy around my torso in strange ways--it was both disturbing and cleansing. The massage therapist said she felt a connection between us and recognized mine as an old soul. Although this seemed bunkish (bunk-like? as in "oh, what bunk!"), I immediately felt better and more stable for her having said it.

I suppose it was the sense of continuity between the oh-so-short-lived self and the oh-so-eternal universe that seemed reassuring. Even more so than knowing that our molecules are ancient, thinking that our spirit or soul has longevity is quite soothing.

That said, even wise old souls have day to day problems or questions or can use tarot to increase insight, so frankly I don't find the "old soul" comment very useful myself. Perhaps those who believe in past lives can make something more of it than I.

tabi

That maybe some of my problem Debra, while I do believe in past and future lives. I don't think we carry mental knowledge of them. We start afresh otherwise what is the point of returning to the Earth?!...admittedly I'm a bit odd in most of my thoughts so 99.9% of people would completely disagree with me. :p

Debra

Doesn't seem odd to me! (Not that that's much of a recommendation!).

Everyone likes to feel special. Many people believe the universe, or God, has singled them out for favor.

I agree with those who suggested that the "old souls" idea is a form of flattery--at least it really flattered ME! At any rate, I also think you can just file that in your mental "so what?" file and go on with the reading; if the client wants a past life reading then you're not the one for that, eh?

tabi

I won't do past life readings, I find them to be pointless. There is no way I can prove anything and they honestly don't get anything out of it but a bit of curosity satified, however not truthful it is.

There maybe people out there that can do it, but obviously I'm not one of them. And I'll be the first one to say so. Also on the flip side, I won't read for a five year future plan for anyone else...too many variables come into play.