'the power of now' spreads

moderndayruth

lark said:
You could try THE PRESENT MOMENT SPREAD...from the Playing Card Oracles.

This is awesome!!!! Thank you so much lark! I copied the spread to my journal, thank you! :heart:

moderndayruth

JSNYC said:
The seeds of the future are sown in the present, thus to truly know the present is to know the future (and the past).
Yes!!! :thumbsup:

JSNYC said:
However, the opinions expressed in your thread are (at least partially) what prompted me to create the Four Noble Truths spread. That spread is specifically (and deeply) focused on the present.
Its an a great spread!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!! :love:

moderndayruth

Flaxen said:
IOne I particularly love is one that I saw on Tarotdame's blog.

3 cards: something to think about, something to do and something to love
Now, this one is genius!!! Great! Thank you, Flaxen! :love:

Flaxen said:
Also, a simple 2 card spread: something to cultivate, something to prune.
I love this one! Can't wait to try it!!!!

Flaxen said:
These give me a lot of insight for spreads that look deceptively simple.
Often, less is more! :thumbsup:

SunChariot

You can change and reinvent any spread you like. You never HAVE to use any position in the a spread.

If you have a spread that you like except for the "possible outcome" position just ask yourself what you would rather have that card position indicate, what you would like to know in answer to the question that the other positions are not giving you and then use that instead.

Or just invent a new spread from scratch.

I am not crazy about "possible outcome" either. If I did want to know about the future, I would want to know the REAL outcome I am heading towards not, not the possible outcome. It seems to me that almost any outcome is possible in theory.

Babs

moderndayruth

Thanks Babs! :heart:
SunChariot said:
You can change and reinvent any spread you like. You never HAVE to use any position in the a spread.

If you have a spread that you like except for the "possible outcome" position just ask yourself what you would rather have that card position indicate, what you would like to know in answer to the question that the other positions are not giving you and then use that instead.
Yes, i started doing readings as Shadowdancer suggested, by simply omitting the final position, it works!
I did Horseshoe with the following positions - base card, 1. root/cause 2. now 3. unexpected/ gate card 4. advice - and i liked it this way! :thumbsup:

SunChariot said:
Or just invent a new spread from scratch.
I suppose i am too lazy for that! :p

SunChariot said:
I am not crazy about "possible outcome" either. If I did want to know about the future, I would want to know the REAL outcome I am heading towards not, not the possible outcome. It seems to me that almost any outcome is possible in theory.
Yes me too and i really don't want to know what will be at the end, i prefer simply to enjoy the moment, while still having some insight into the situation. ;)

Aerin

I do this one a lot:

Insight into the situation, something helpful
Setback you have to watch out for
Insight that helps you overcome the setback
"Helper" card that can get you from setback to insight.

moderndayruth

Aerin said:
Insight into the situation, something helpful
Setback you have to watch out for
Insight that helps you overcome the setback
"Helper" card that can get you from setback to insight.
Now, that's my kind of spread!!! :thumbsup:
I just did three quick readings with Magical Forest using it, and i must tell you that it works greatly!
Thanks for sharing, Aerin! :heart:

Aerin

I claim no credit :), the spread was designed to use with the Innerlinks Intuitive Solutions cards http://www.innerlinks.com/ - they are all words and then you pick an angel card to do the bridging from setback to insight bit. I find it works well with Tarot.

starrystarrynight

How about:

1. What you project to the world
2. What you internalize or hide from the world
3. How others "interpret" or see you

moderndayruth

Aerin said:
they are all words and then you pick an angel card to do the bridging from setback to insight bit. I find it works well with Tarot.

Hmm, i was thinking first if it would work as a combination of Tarot and and oracle cards... like, Wisdom of Avalon,as it has 21 "words-cards",
but for now i tried it with oracle only (by separating 'words' from other cards into two piles and pulling two cards from the first and one from the second pile- for "setback to insight" position)...
it works very well!

starrystarrynight said:
How about:

1. What you project to the world
2. What you internalize or hide from the world
3. How others "interpret" or see you

Very mystical spread, i tried it with a dark deck (Favole) and i did like it! Thanks Starry! :heart: