The Psychic Tarot Oracle by John Holland

Manda

I have this deck. The gilt edges drew me in. :laugh:

It is a nice deck, but not favored by me, but that is my hang up, not the decks'. I don't find calling it "tarot" a misnomer, as it is lacking court cards but adds the chakra cards, but otherwise mostly follows RWS meanings, although with a New Age slant. Oh, I just noticed there are no tens, either. Well, in any case, it has dispensed with some cards, and added a few others. In renaissance Italy, they called that a Minchiate. :grin:

The cards are large and brightly colored, and slick while not being overly plastic-y feeling. The images are modern in feel and generally attractive. I still do not know what you do with the chakra cards, but I do not use the deck often, which is more about me and how I don't use any deck but my old favorites too much. If it matters to anyone else how I store my decks, this one is with the tarot and not on the oracle shelf. :cool3:

I do not believe one has to be psychic to read tarot cards, as I tend to good accuracy in my own readings, and I am not psychic at all. :grin:

As a side note, all tarot decks are also oracle decks. It's just that not all oracle are tarot. Like all willows are trees but not all trees are willows.

yaraluna

AJ said:
I'm pretty much always game for a new oracle, but an association with Hay House sends up red flags for me :) I don't think I've ever had a deck set from them that was worth the paper it was printed on. Other's mileage may vary...

I hope someone who has it (several someones) will comment. With 65 cards calling it tarot is probably more about marketing than about the cards.

I kind of share the same feelings about HayHouse that you have. they do work for many people for sure! no offense to anyone, just a sharing of opinion on my view on HH cards. I find them very commercial, generic, dead energy,etc.
But, who knows! I may change my mind one day.....

yara

Morgane_49

We have this deck but my husband uses this one more than I do. He likes it alot, but I haven't been able to develop a relationship with these cards.

For anyone purchasing a new deck, I do have a word of caution...

You can easily tear the cards trying to separate them the first time - the gilding is nice, but some of the cards will be stuck together and you have to be really careful...