The Psychobilly Tarot

Zipgun

The Psychobilly Tarot is live on Kickstarer now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1049685103/the-psychobilly-tarot

The art from the very beginning has had to serve two purposes, depict the cards in a way that is readable while at the same time work as eye-catching design for shirts and possibly other merchandise. We think we have succeeded in this deck.

The artist, Michael W Hallberg, recently did a few interviews on the project. Here is a link to one of them.

http://www.allindiemagazine.net/2015/04/psychobilly-tarot-major-arcana-tarot.html

Attachments

• Chariot_AT.jpg
    Chariot_AT.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Judgement_AT.jpg
    Judgement_AT.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 229

Chimera Dust

This looks really interesting! Are you involved in the project?

Zipgun

This looks really interesting! Are you involved in the project?

Yes, it is my concept and the artist and I work very closely with creating the cards. While the Kickstarter is for a Majors and Aces deck, we would like to expand to a full deck, though we know that a great number of the illustrations will be only for cards and not shirts.

Having two different end uses has given us a number of limitations but it also has helped create a very specific style. It has also given us an opportunity in the future to do alternate versions of individual cards with out having to try and come up with an entire new deck.

Here is a link to a Pinterest page where we are putting up all the card art as we introduce the individual cards.

https://www.pinterest.com/wkwenzentrprise/psychobilly-tarot-preorder-on-kickstarter/

Morwenna

I followed the link from the Decks section and my jaw dropped!! I would love to see this as a full deck! (I may be a conservative-looking senior citizen, but there's a biker chick deep inside...:))

Zipgun

The next card! Temperance

I followed the link from the Decks section and my jaw dropped!! I would love to see this as a full deck! (I may be a conservative-looking senior citizen, but there's a biker chick deep inside...:))

We are truly having fun with this deck's creation, and learning a lot. If we can swing it, we will do the full deck. I am glad you like what you have seen so far. Speaking of which, here's the next card's art- Temperance.

Attachments

• Temperance_small.jpg
    Temperance_small.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 177

Morwenna

We are truly having fun with this deck's creation, and learning a lot. If we can swing it, we will do the full deck. I am glad you like what you have seen so far. Speaking of which, here's the next card's art- Temperance.

He reminds me of Paul Newman in The Sting! :D

Zipgun

Justice, a personal favorite in this deck

I really love this illustration. I have some prototype card, going to take some photographs and upload the pictures. Cards look really good.

Attachments

• Justice_small.jpg
    Justice_small.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 160

Zipgun

Ace of Wrenches and The High Priestess

Introducing two more card designs. Ace of Wrenches and The High Priestess. We decided to rename the suits to fit the theme, but stay VERY close to the traditional names. Wrenches is the biggest change in my opinion.

The High Priestess strongly connects to the psychobilly music genre. The bass is iconic in psychobilly music fits well with this card.

Attachments

• 2_HighPriestess_small.jpg
    2_HighPriestess_small.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 142
  • AceWrenches_small.jpg
    AceWrenches_small.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 177

Zipgun

Last week for the campaign, The Emperor, The Hermit

We are entering the last week of the Kickstarter campaign with 75% of the funding goal achieved. News cards! The Emperor and The Hermit. No the Hermit is not Elvis, but there is a resemblance. Part of the concept of how this card is illustrated is based on the old "Elvis sightings".

Attachments

• 4_Emperor_Card_small.jpg
    4_Emperor_Card_small.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 9_Hermit_Card_small.jpg
    9_Hermit_Card_small.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 188