The Queen of Wands and Nine of Cups Reversed in feelings reconciling a relationship

cldunsmore

Asked how my ex feels towards the possibility of us getting back together and pulled the Nine of Cups Reversed and queen of Wands (at same time)

Which confused me, because don't they contradict?

I've read nine of Cups Reversed as mot good at all- interpretation of feelings towards are drained, feeling insecure about the relationship.

But queen of Wands is overwhelming positive- in relationship spreads I see this as them being excitedly passionate about the relationship, being very into it, etc.

Thoughts?

Kelc

Hi there I haven't posted for awhile but I'll put my thoughts in... but I will say it's not what you probably want to hear,, I am maybe rusty so please bear that in mind..
9 of cups I see this card as someone who is struggling with things not happy in their life at the moment maybe alcoholism is a problem?
Queen of wands could this be another person in their life at the moment?
From what I see these cards arent saying you won't reconcile ever... just now there are things going on.

(Like I stated earlier I am very rusty and may be way off here so apologies if that is the case) šŸ˜Š

Mantramommy

It is an interesting reading and I will try to explain as I see it.

From the point of view of your question, your ex is somehow unfulfilled: "This didn't meet all I wished it could." However, I wonder if he sees you as the Queen: fiery and passionate, which would run in contradiction to a cups card. It presents that there are two different energies the relationship: one water, one fire. In many cases, water can snuff the fire out. The Queen may be challenging you to view the relationship from the point of the queen: was he too emotional for you? Did you feel he was a bit of a dreamer: lacking focus and all over the place? The cards present to me as (if you are indeed the Queen) that you wanted more structure and commitment then he could give.

Just some thoughts and hope that helps!