The single Tarot card

rachelcat

People are most afraid of things they don't understand. And what we don't understand the most is why a young person (or anyone) would kill someone in cold blood. People in "authority," police, psychologists, pundits, want to quickly give a reason for a senseless crime in order to feel in control of the situation. "Well, of course he killed someone. He practices killing people all day on video games!" (I feel there is some truth to that, but that's a different discussion.)

So, when a kid smokes pot or paints his fingernail black or owns tarot cards, it's just very easy to relate those things, which we don't understand, to his violent behavior, which we really don't understand. And then we feel in charge and superior.

I agree with thinbuddha--and the oompaloompas. It's "the mother and the father" . . .

catlin

Now my 2 cents on "giving" single tarot cards away (but not on a crime scene :) ) : I did this some time ago for querents (I had an incomplete tarot quattro). Each querent was allowed to pull a card after the official reading as a kind of "message from the universe" to take this card with him/her as a keepsake. PPl loved it.

But what about leaving some tarot cards around in open space to make ppl more aware of tarot? Like this book thingy. I feel tempted to try it out.

Crystelle

ShekinahMoon said:
Throwing someone in a pool who can't swim is just mean :joke:

Really? That's how my Dad taught me to swim... even better... my introduction the ocean was being held face first in a crashing wave. My Dad had odd ideas about parenting. LOL

Crystelle

Kaylee Marie

What on earth is an "occult" crime? Is that like sacrificing someone on an alter or something? Does that really happen so frequently that police need to have a handy checklist of clues to solving such a case?

What other crimes qualify as "occult?" Really, I'm blown away by this classification and am truly curious about what it means. Are police out investigating spells that wicked witches put on people?

Milfoil

Well perhaps if I go out and stick a few crucifixes in people, drown a few others in sacrement wine they can call those orthodox crimes.

Personally I don't see any difference - a crime is a crime at the end of the day - you have to be a fruit-loop to commit one in the first place so why label them at all?

Worrying though I agree.

kislany

catlin said:
But what about leaving some tarot cards around in open space to make ppl more aware of tarot? Like this book thingy. I feel tempted to try it out.

Ah, like bookcrossing. That would be nice...but just too expensive, I'm afraid. While I can buy a used book for 50 cents and leave it on a bench in the park, or a supermarket, I can't buy a deck for 50 cents, heck not even for a dollar or a pound :(

ShekinahMoon

Crystelle said:
Really? That's how my Dad taught me to swim... even better... my introduction the ocean was being held face first in a crashing wave. My Dad had odd ideas about parenting. LOL

Crystelle

You can't tell me you didn't think it was mean at the time :joke:

ShekinahMoon

Kaylee Marie said:
What on earth is an "occult" crime? Is that like sacrificing someone on an alter or something? Does that really happen so frequently that police need to have a handy checklist of clues to solving such a case?

What other crimes qualify as "occult?" Really, I'm blown away by this classification and am truly curious about what it means. Are police out investigating spells that wicked witches put on people?

An occult crime is a crime that is done in association with occult symbolism. Like drawing a pentagram in every room of a person's home after robbing it. That would be called an occult crime.

ShekinahMoon

kislany said:
Ah, like bookcrossing. That would be nice...but just too expensive, I'm afraid. While I can buy a used book for 50 cents and leave it on a bench in the park, or a supermarket, I can't buy a deck for 50 cents, heck not even for a dollar or a pound :(

Well you can pay $20 for one deck but you get 78 cards and if you leave only one card at a time you get 78 opportunities to leave a card some place nice.

catlin

That was what I was thinking about. Besides, I still have some cards of the tarot quattro to try out.

Of course I would not sacrifice a brand new complete deck for around 20 €.