The Spiral Tarot

Keslynn

I still use this deck but mostly for clients. They seem to love it, and it's just below the Morgan-Greer in number of people who want a reading with it. I still get a lot of insight from the images, and the court cards still wow me because they convey their meaning more clearly than most other decks. I will have to look for those jewels!

Glad you rediscovered this one, Emily!

:) Kes

Emily

Another thing about this deck - this is a favourite thing to find in decks for me - some of the cards have eye colour :D - I love to see well drawn faces and eye colour is a bonus. :)

BlueLotus

The Spiral Tarot is one of my favorite regular reading decks. I noticed the pearls and believe they are there to project prosperity,affluence and the riches. They are quite unique to this deck, as I haven't seen anything similar on other decks.

I just wonder if anyone solved the riddle of the mustache, or what looks like one on the 5 of cups woman's on top of her upper lip.

Attachments

• 5ofCupsSpiral.BMP
    236.6 KB · Views: 132

Requiella

I absolutely adore the Spiral--it's hands down my favorite deck, and I say this even after finally opening my Druidcraft deck. I could go on and on about what I love about the Spiral deck. The highlights for me are:

-- The overall tone of the deck. I would characterize it as definitely feminine, but it has masculine characters, which is important.

-- On a related note, I like the fact that the deck doesn't try too hard to be sexy--sexy in the sense of in-your-face hot bods. The characters are more real. Although I like the Gilded deck in many respects, it bothers me this way.

-- The Maiden, Mother, and Crone imagery (Wheel) is very cool!

-- Many people are bothered by what they see as too great a discrepancy between the majors and the minors. First off, although they're a little different, the artwork is definitely similar enough between the two to unify the deck. The difference, which I see as a small one, really serves to underscore the difference between the majors (archetypes) and minors (everyday characters/issues/situations).

-- The cards are the perfect shuffling size.

-- Good card stock. Although they're a little stiff, they shuffle pretty well once they're broken in.

Overall, this deck gets an A+ in my book!

Requiella

BlueLotus said:
I just wonder if anyone solved the riddle of the mustache, or what looks like one on the 5 of cups woman's on top of her upper lip.

Interesting. I've never seen a mustache. To me, it looks as though she simply has her mouth open and is gritting her teeth and little and grimacing.

BlueLotus

Requiella said:
Interesting. I've never seen a mustache. To me, it looks as though she simply has her mouth open and is gritting her teeth and little and grimacing.

Unfortunately, this is not the case (IMHO). I recommend you take a hard look at the woman's face, assuming you have the deck, and decide for yourself. I just wish it wasn't there; not that it bothers me that much, I am just being curious.

Emily

I hadn't thought of it as a moustache either, until your post :p, but now I can see what you mean. Its like one of those pictures that if you look at it one way you see one thing but look at it another way and you see another.

OK it bugged me so I've just darkened her bottom lip too with a brown pencil - now she is grimacing. :D

Requiella

BlueLotus said:
Unfortunately, this is not the case (IMHO). I recommend you take a hard look at the woman's face, assuming you have the deck, and decide for yourself. I just wish it wasn't there; not that it bothers me that much, I am just being curious.

Yes, I do have the deck, I have taken a hard look, and I have decided for myself. Are you saying that different people cannot see things differently? You seem awfully sure of yourself. I see no mustache.

BlueLotus

Requiella said:
Yes, I do have the deck, I have taken a hard look, and I have decided for myself. Are you saying that different people cannot see things differently? You seem awfully sure of yourself. I see no mustache.
Well, in this case, it must be the image/mustache on my particular card. Unlucky me

tarobones

Greetings

Just wanted to invite everybody to our fledgling study group for the Spiral Tarot. BB, Michael