The sun as weakness

Adjustment

What could possibly the interpretation of the sun card in the RWS would be in the position of the weakness of a relationship. I did this 3 card spread as follow:

The strength of the relationship: The emperor

The weakness of the relationship: the sun

the outcome position; Knight of wands reversed.

aibhlin

It's a bit odd... Childishness? Since the strenght is the Emperor. Naivety? That's all that comes to mind....

poivre

Don't know if the Sun means weakness but...
if you get too much Sun you're "burnt"

Maybe it's telling you too much of a good thing
is not a good thing. Use moderation.

?
ros :)

rachelcat

It looks like to me:

The strength of the relationship is that it is conventional, and the weakness of the relationship is that it is conventional.

In other words, it is great to have a relationship focused on treating each other properly and morally, knowing what ones duties are and being willing to carry them out, and building a life together (Emperor).

But it can be a weakness to be TOO focused on what's expected, the rational and reasonable, and the happy, perky, sunny side of life (Sun). What happens when the clouds come, as they always do? And what about enjoying the "darker" side of love and romance? (I'm not talking about immorality, but things like moonlit walks and "animal-like" passion and telling all your deep dark secrets.)

Just my slant . . .

mtnmermaid

Hmmm

You've also got the emperor & the knight of wands there, neither of which is known for their humility, so the sun could be too much ego, cockiness, etc. looks like it might burn itself out really fast unless they can use the stable energy of the emperor to ground it in reality.

Shaymus

rachelcat said:
It looks like to me:

The strength of the relationship is that it is conventional, and the weakness of the relationship is that it is conventional.

That was my first impression also.

Shaymus

caridwen

Blindness/burn out - Sun crossed with rev Knight of Wands. Very fiery energy. Tripled when you consider the Emperor as Aries... There's no watery element to bring balance.

rainwolf

I like mtnmermaid's idea of it.

I would also think not taking actual problems into consideration and ignoring them...seeing everything as good and not thinking.

Fatima

mtnmermaid said:
You've also got the emperor & the knight of wands there, neither of which is known for their humility, so the sun could be too much ego, cockiness, etc.

You took the words out of my mouth.
Arrogance, suffisance, boastfulness, superiority issues, thinking you're the Roy Soleil himself.

F.

starrystarrynight

Well, here is an off-the-wall take. How about the Emperor as father, the Sun as child and the Knight of Wands as the passionate mover who has had his wings sort of clipped because of his responsibilities to his child.

Does this guy have a child from a previous relationship who is taking up a lot of his time and attention? Just a thought....