The Twentieth Birthday Spread

minimonster777

My friend Katie held a party last weekend to celebrate her twentieth birthday. Katie and I have been friends for a long time, and, even though she assured me that a gift was not necessary, I wanted to get her something special. I'm currently pretty short on cash (I quit my job as I grew nearer to graduate college, which means that I have lots of free time to devote to my studies for finals, but no money to burn!) my options were pretty limited.

I eventually settled on a tarot reading for her. Thoughtful, loving, and cheap ;) Plus she's always after me to read the cards for her, and I'm usually too busy with this or that.

All of the birthday spreads I found in my research were nice, but it didn't feel "right" reading from someone else's spread...so I decided to create my own spread for her.

The cards are laid out in two X shapes...to represent XX, the Roman numeral for twenty...with an eleventh card in the center, between the Xs.

1. A card to represent you as you were in your childhood - how your childhood shaped you into the woman you are today

2. A card to represent you as a teenager - more recent influences on how you are today

3. A card to represent you as you enter your twenties

4. A card to represent your potential future

5. Things that you need to outgrow or leave behind you as you grow up

6. Things to come that you must embrace and nurture as you grow up

7. Skills and traits to develop

8. Challenges you must face

9. Rewards you will reap

10. Hopes and fears as you enter adulthood

11. Your birthday gift: An affirmation to remember

Be gentle...this is my first post and my first original spread :)

Oh, and I never got to read the spread for her..she was so busy playing hostess all evening that I couldn't catch her by herself! She really loved the idea though, and we'll be getting together later this week sometime....

SaMoon912

Wow this was a nice spread :) I Wonder if this will come in handy for even a 22nd birthday :) I'll be turning 22 in September and this came 2 years later LOL. I like this spread though :)

Astraea Aurora

I love it because it isn`t like the other birthday spreads. Thanks for posting, minimonster. I will definately try it, when I turn 22 in September (like SaMoon).

Kahlie

Actually, since today is my birthday, I might try this later today or else tomorrow :)

Kahlie

minimonster777

Thanks so much you guys! And happy early birthday to all three of you :)

MissLainie

I added this one to my tarot journal; My twentieth birthday is Friday, and I'll do it then. Should be good!