The Tyldwick Tarot - a new pack and a new website

heron

Any news of a Tyldwick deck publication date yet?

VGimlet

You know, at first I didn't think this deck was for me, I got my "oh yay, a deck I don't want", but then I looked closer and had to reserve a copy.

Very subtle. I like that.

Nij

heron said:
Any news of a Tyldwick deck publication date yet?

Hi Heron!

Well, orders have been coming in slowly but surely... apologies for the long silence! I'm currently hovering just under the 200 mark.

I'm actually considering publishing the deck once I reach 300 preorders instead of the 600 I originally intended, although this will obviously make the cards a little more expensive per unit. As I'm sure you're aware, printing a deck in anything other than standard poker card size is a major investment.

If anyone reading the thread does know of any printers they'd recommend, please do let me know (at the risk of duplicating threads... but I have looked through the forum several times!). I've contacted several professional card printers in the UK and all of them have quoted me prices which have required me to sit down and have a stiff drink quite quickly afterwards.

Best wishes to everyone for all the kind comments about my deck, and especially to all of those who've already placed a preorder.

Nij

heron

Thanks for the update. I find it hard to believe that there are not more 200 AT members who would like to own this absolutely unique new Tarot deck.

I guess, as ever, I must be possess my soul in patience.

rif

Bumping for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Or who, like me, couldn't remember the name but was interested in this deck. :)

Pen

Funny, I explored the whole site when it opened, and loved the cards, the concept, the interview, the website - everything - but didn't preorder for some unknown reason. But I have now, as it would be a crying shame if the Tyldwick weren't published. Fingers crossed...

Pen

rif

I think when I looked at the website it might have been in more of a teaser mode, and not taking pre-orders. So it was easy to lose track of.

I REALLY want this deck, so I hope the artist is able to publish.

Aerin

I am sure I pre-ordered - no money, right? Just registering an interest.

I did it again just in case :S and I hope it doesn't cause a problem...

rif

Correct -- the artist isn't asking for money in advance, and says so on his signup page.

Rasa

Wow!
I am excited about this deck!

It is unique and beautiful, and I was just tickled pink at the mention of gilt edges.

The deck really seems to create an ambience and an atmosphere. There's a real sense of 'place' in these images that makes it stand out as something really different.

I put in my preorder, and I hope that the deck will be printed. :)