The Wild Unknown Tarot

Nica

I just bought mine. Looking forward to get acquainted with it. : )

Queen of Thorns

ah! I just ordered one of these the other day, it's supposed to ship nov 15! i can't wait!

I have to say, I really appreciate the discussion about the marketing of this deck. While I have my reservations about the authenticity of every insta-hipster-gram oh-so-cool urban/bohemian boutique I am also SQUARE IN THE MIDDLE of the demographic it's supposed to appeal to, and... I... well, I find the aesthetic totally appealing! and I'm super excited for this deck- I'll give readings to all my oh-so-cool friends at the awesome parties I'll throw in my tiny cabin in the woods.

next thing I need to get: tiny cabin in the woods.

GrailSidhe

So, I, being me, was getting really antsy about being an adult and being patient and waiting for this deck. I was thinking I should just go and order it from the site that is charging a bit more for shipping even though I have already placed an order for the Nov. 15th shipment. I thought I would come here and ask for guidance, and then I realized that that would be like asking other junkies if I should have one more hit, lol! So, I thought I'll ask my non-tarot friends and realized they just couldn't possibly grasp the value of a unique and beautiful deck. In a quandary, I threw caution to the wind and bought another copy of the deck realizing that having two copies is probably a sound and reasonable idea. :D (at least this is what I am telling myself).

Thoughts?

lol.. Well in any case you can sell it and that shouldn't be hard at all.

My experience with it so far is delightful. I'm used to very heavy decks, with rich imagery and loads of colour but this one is just enough to get the pint across and helps stimulate intuition. It doesn't dictate the answer, especially since there are no people in the deck, it lets you understand it yourself.

jcwirish

lol.. Well in any case you can sell it and that shouldn't be hard at all.

My experience with it so far is delightful. I'm used to very heavy decks, with rich imagery and loads of colour but this one is just enough to get the pint across and helps stimulate intuition. It doesn't dictate the answer, especially since there are no people in the deck, it lets you understand it yourself.

I was hoping the artwork would have this sort of affect because I'm very much wanting to rely more on my own intuition and not so much the traditional meanings.

Are there any cards that really seem to stand out to you?

GrailSidhe

I was hoping the artwork would have this sort of affect because I'm very much wanting to rely more on my own intuition and not so much the traditional meanings.

Are there any cards that really seem to stand out to you?

Yes, it's very stimulating for intuition. It's not presenting these blatant images that leave little to the imagination. It's very allowing. I LOVE the Hermit (turtle), the Page of Pentacles is a stunning deer with a rainbow and pentacle on top, I would so wear it on a t-shirt lol.. I love the 3 of Wands forming a triangle with the prism within. The High Priestess is a gorgeous white tigress with a glowing crystal ball, so majestic. Actually I have to edit a video review hopefully today and show everything :)

strings of life

So, I, being me, was getting really antsy about being an adult and being patient and waiting for this deck. I was thinking I should just go and order it from the site that is charging a bit more for shipping even though I have already placed an order for the Nov. 15th shipment. I thought I would come here and ask for guidance, and then I realized that that would be like asking other junkies if I should have one more hit, lol! So, I thought I'll ask my non-tarot friends and realized they just couldn't possibly grasp the value of a unique and beautiful deck. In a quandary, I threw caution to the wind and bought another copy of the deck realizing that having two copies is probably a sound and reasonable idea. :D (at least this is what I am telling myself).

Thoughts?
Well, Catbird, a store in Williamsburgh, listed on the site, should have the deck, and I'm kind of tempted to go there to buy a back-up after things resume a bit more back to normal in NYC, but shipping is only $5 if I just order it directly from the web site. I think I want a back-up too :laugh:. I love decks with no humans in them - give me nature, grounded archetypes, stir my imagination.

So, I may cave in and get a back-up too. We still like a lot of the same decks. Watch me cave in...

:)

jcwirish

Well, Catbird, a store in Williamsburgh, listed on the site, should have the deck, and I'm kind of tempted to go there to buy a back-up after things resume a bit more back to normal in NYC, but shipping is only $5 if I just order it directly from the web site. I think I want a back-up too :laugh:. I love decks with no humans in them - give me nature, grounded archetypes, stir my imagination.

So, I may cave in and get a back-up too. We still like a lot of the same decks. Watch me cave in...

:)

Do it... Cave already! :laugh: You know you want to. :)

jcwirish

Yes, it's very stimulating for intuition. It's not presenting these blatant images that leave little to the imagination. It's very allowing. I LOVE the Hermit (turtle), the Page of Pentacles is a stunning deer with a rainbow and pentacle on top, I would so wear it on a t-shirt lol.. I love the 3 of Wands forming a triangle with the prism within. The High Priestess is a gorgeous white tigress with a glowing crystal ball, so majestic. Actually I have to edit a video review hopefully today and show everything :)

I am very excited to see your video. It's so thoughtful of you to go to the trouble to share your feedback with the rest of us. :)

GrailSidhe

I am very excited to see your video. It's so thoughtful of you to go to the trouble to share your feedback with the rest of us. :)

Hey I'm having fun :)

jcwirish

Got the news that my 2nd ordered deck was shipped today. Hooray!! Hoping I'll get it Monday.