The Wild Unknown Tarot

Pixna

That looks like the new cards in your link, Danieljuk. And, yes, Lark, our beloved Temperance looks intact. Several cards have additional color. I enlarged the page quite a bit, but it got fuzzy, so I wasn't able to see very much (or very clearly). It's all quite exciting!

I'm hoping the book will be updated as well, with more details, especially about the symbolism and colors.

I hope we'll find out an estimated release/preorder/shipping date soon!

Thoughtful

If anyone wants to get 1st edition before they go.....

In Uk Little Red Tarot has them
In usa wild Unknown website and l believe Bonadrag also

danieljuk

Oakswhispering very kindly forwarded me the email, thanks :heart:
The images are all inline in the email and so I have saved them and attached them to this post. This is the text of the email sent out....

a bitter sweet goodbye.....
to the first edition of the Wild Unknown tarot!

Four years ago, in a renovated church in Philadelphia, I began drawing The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck. And what a journey it's been! Now, in anticipation of a beautifully revised second edition (to be released this holiday, more news on that soon) the very last copies of the first edition are quickly disappearing from the shelves... So quickly, in fact, that we estimate we will sell out in the next two weeks. So, if you have a soft spot in your heart for all things original and unchanged (like I do!), then tuck away a first edition deck while you still can! It will only sweeten through the years.
xoxo​
Kim Krans​
of The Wild Unknown

attached below the email images

Attachments

• wildunknown1.jpg
    wildunknown1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 159
  • wildunknown2.jpg
    wildunknown2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 172

Mirra

Oakswhispering very kindly forwarded me the email, thanks :heart:
The images are all inline in the email and so I have saved them and attached them to this post. This is the text of the email sent out....

a bitter sweet goodbye.....
to the first edition of the Wild Unknown tarot!

Four years ago, in a renovated church in Philadelphia, I began drawing The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck. And what a journey it's been! Now, in anticipation of a beautifully revised second edition (to be released this holiday, more news on that soon) the very last copies of the first edition are quickly disappearing from the shelves... So quickly, in fact, that we estimate we will sell out in the next two weeks. So, if you have a soft spot in your heart for all things original and unchanged (like I do!), then tuck away a first edition deck while you still can! It will only sweeten through the years.
xoxo​
Kim Krans​
of The Wild Unknown

attached below the email images

So far, I prefer the 1st edition and I'm glad I bought it. Too bad there's no iPhone app yet :/

Aeric

Wow I really don't like those Temperance and Devil cards.

The swan just looks like it's floating by the fire and about to take off and fly away, not caring at all about it. That makes the straight angle of the water drops look strange. Are they dropping from the wings? Spray from the wings falling on the fire? It also looks strange in V1, but at least the heron is leaning over the fire, concentrating on it, and dropping water from above.

And the close-up of the Devil makes it look far too anthropomorphized, much more like the RWS Baphomet and the drawing by Elpihas Levi. Its gaze feels human, while I thought WU was about abandoning the human element as much as possible. And is that a rope around its neck? Why would the rope be around the Devil's neck? Shouldn't it be around "yours?"

If it's exchanging the idea of the Devil trapped in hellfire for being tethered to a post like a common goat, I might accept that for being more natural. But it invokes the RWS image directly so much for me, where all the other cards invoke it more indirectly.

That's a no from me to these cards. I'm happy with v1.

Mirra

Wow I really don't like those Temperance and Devil cards.

The swan just looks like it's floating by the fire and about to take off and fly away, not caring at all about it. That makes the straight angle of the water drops look strange. Are they dropping from the wings? Spray from the wings falling on the fire? It also looks strange in V1, but at least the heron is leaning over the fire, concentrating on it, and dropping water from above.

And the close-up of the Devil makes it look far too anthropomorphized, much more like the RWS Baphomet and the drawing by Elpihas Levi. Its gaze feels human, while I thought WU was about abandoning the human element as much as possible. And is that a rope around its neck? Why would the rope be around the Devil's neck? Shouldn't it be around "yours?"

If it's exchanging the idea of the Devil trapped in hellfire for being tethered to a post like a common goat, I might accept that for being more natural. But it invokes the RWS image directly so much for me, where all the other cards invoke it more indirectly.

That's a no from me to these cards. I'm happy with v1.

I also didn't like the change in the Hanged Man :/ I love the 1st edition very much and I'd rather save for a entirely new deck by Kim Krans than buying a updated version of the same deck ;)

Pixna

I also didn't like the change in the Hanged Man :/ I love the 1st edition very much and I'd rather save for a entirely new deck by Kim Krans than buying a updated version of the same deck ;)

Well, we don't know for sure yet what's just "on the table" and what will actually be in the new deck. These might just be works in progress. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd be perfectly thrilled with an updated deck. I'm sure whatever she does will be awesome. I just hope the book gets an update (or overhaul) too.

Ace of Stars

The cards from the newsletter are not the 2nd edition -- they're drawings that ended up not being used. Check out the #adrawingnotused hashtag on IG.

The only 2nd edition card I've seen revealed is The Lovers with alternative colouring.

allianora

I was under the impression that she was only recoloring some of the original drawings, not adding new drawings. the alternate drawings i've seen were rejects from the first edition.

Mirra

The cards from the newsletter are not the 2nd edition -- they're drawings that ended up not being used. Check out the #adrawingnotused hashtag on IG.

The only 2nd edition card I've seen revealed is The Lovers with alternative colouring.

I was under the impression that she was only recoloring some of the original drawings, not adding new drawings. the alternate drawings i've seen were rejects from the first edition.

I hope it's true because I really love the 1st edition of the deck. I wouldn't change a thing, really. I love her artwork and I still hope she creates a entirely new deck :)