The Zener Card Challenge

Mycroft

The background to this little experiment can be found here. The first part of the challenge requires you to use ESP, spirit contact or any divinatory technique of your choosing - even wild guesses if you wish. The object is to see how many of the five Zener cards I have drawn you can identify correctly. Just to quickly refresh, the five symbols are these;

pufr.jpg

and the deck contains five of each, making 25 cards in total. I have drawn five at random and, after covering each one up, made a scan which is shown below.

ok0y.jpg

Multiple entries are allowed, and since there are 6,375,600 possible combinations (if my maths are correct) it would take a lot of entries to guess the correct one!

The second part of the challenge does not require you to do anything, it is The Mystery Box which will be opened when I reveal the answer to part one in a week's time.

cqe0.jpg

This second part is to test my theory (actually more of a vague notion) that working with Extra Sensory Perception or indeed any form of divination increases the likelihood of synchronicities, possibly due to the opening of psychic channels.

Any and all questions are welcome, so feel free to post if there's any part of this you do understand.

upawell

Mycroft,

Still always with the awesome threads!

I recall doing an online version of this a few years ago and scored about 50%. It took me a while to get through the test, though, because I was really concentratiing on the cards.

I'll be back at a later date with my submission. Have to block off some time to get into the zone needed for this kind of thing. Also, very spiffy Mystery Box.

LisaStarlight

Okaaaay, this looks like fun, so I'll give it a go....

Ahem.

Star, waves, box, circle, cross

(Looked at each blank and waited to see what image popped into my head.)

Oh the suspense!!!!

prudence

Wow, this is such a cool idea, Mycroft!! Thank you for posting this challenge!!

I'm not going yet, just wanted to chime in with my enthusiasm!

PS I'm sure it's not a cat in that box! ;)

Mycroft

Just to recap the main points:

Part 1
The Zener card pack contains 25 cards, 5 x each symbol, ie 5 circles, 5 crosses etc. I shuffled the pack and then selected 5 cards at random. These 5 cards are each hidden under a ? in the second picture. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to predict what the 5 cards are. Multiple entries are allowed and the answer will be revealed on Saturday 21 December.

Part 2
At the same time as revealing what the 5 hidden Zener cards are, we will also be opening 'The Mystery Box' - this will be very exciting (oh yes it will) - the purpose of this is to see whether the contents of 'The Mystery Box' produce any personal synchronicities for those that have taken part in the challenge. If you want to try and divine or guess the contents beforehand then you are also free to do so, since somebody correctly predicting it would be a powerful synchronicity itself.

I'm sure it's not a cat in that box! ;)
It isn't - but if it was it would be this one;

cm9i.jpg

Schrödinger Rules The Waves!

upawell

Well, my weekend is set.

May I inquire at what time on the 21st you'll be revealing you reveals?

agent199

Square, Circle, Wave, Cross, Wave