Thomson Leng Tarot

neogeo

Hello, does anyone here have the thomson leng tarot? I saw one on ebay. the price is way expensive. http://www.ebay.com/itm/291791120694 .is it worth it coz is rare or should I search a better one

illyria

It's a tad more expensive than what I got it for—and I just got mine recently—but I don't really see it being offered often and for cheap anywhere else. You could try your luck at the Trading Forums, but you'd have to be a paid subscriber to access that part of AT. Good luck!

DavidMcCann

Hello, does anyone here have the thomson leng tarot? I saw one on ebay. the price is way expensive.
Did you succumb and buy it? I think $300 was over the top: $200 would be fair, though. I think I paid about £100 for mine last year, and it's quite distressed.

The TL is interesting as the first promotional tarot, but not really as a tarot. The trumps, cups, coins, and swords follow the Rider designs, but the wands are just pip cards. The court cards follow Eudes Picard. The meanings for the minors given in the LWB have little connection with any others, even with Waite's, despite using his designs! I suspect they were made up by a TL journalist.