Three cups as highest potential

hulpster

Hello,

I have seen 3 of Cups as the highest potential of a relationship. Other cards suggest that they both want more than a friendship as I would initially read the 3 Cups. Just wondering if the
Three Cups can suggest more than a friendship?

Thank you

Richard

Hello,

I have seen 3 of Cups as the highest potential of a relationship. Other cards suggest that they both want more than a friendship as I would initially read the 3 Cups. Just wondering if the
Three Cups can suggest more than a friendship?

Thank you
Yes, indeed. According to A. Crowley, whose interpretations of the Minors always seem to be valid, at least in my experience, "There is here the Will of Love in abounding joy. It is the spiritual basis of fertility." [The Book of Thoth] This is certainly suggestive of a relationship which goes beyond the basic Platonic friendship.

Isi

Hi,

May I join in?

Which cards would represent friendship? I've seen 3 of Cups being suggested as friendship (which can lead to more of course), and in the highest potential position I would be likely to think friendly, but it also depends on the other cards in the spread.

I suppose one could ask a clarifier on the 3OC.

But I am curious. Are there any cards that are more explicitly about friendship?

Isi

Tigerangel

I could also see the 3 of cups meaning a new addition added to the realtionship through love with it being in the highest potential placement, especially if there are alot of cards dealing with fertilty or passion surrounding the 3 of cups, What could be any higher in a realtionship than creating a little bundle of joy through love for each other :) just my take on the 3 of cups as higest potential.

Isi

I could also see the 3 of cups meaning a new addition added to the realtionship through love with it being in the highest potential placement, especially if there are alot of cards dealing with fertilty or passion surrounding the 3 of cups, What could be any higher in a realtionship than creating a little bundle of joy through love for each other :) just my take on the 3 of cups as higest potential.

That's very true, Tigerangel!

And the addition, the 3rd cup can be a child, a pet, or even a representation/symbol of 'something more'... maybe taking it to the next level. The 3rd cup as a shared cup.

I do feel a clarifier would be able to shed more light on the highest potential.

krystalkitty

The housewives deck it has 2 cups pouring into one and a baby and faulkner it is a picture of a ring.. so these decks give the impression that 3 of cups is the next level I do agree I think it depends on the surrounding cards in the spread and perhaps the positioning of the 3 of cups in the draw.. it can equally mean friends and having a good time and just having fun no ties freedom...

PAMUYA

3 of Cups, Friendship, pure joy. How many times I have heard "having sex ruined our friendship, or changed it". Many couples I know are not friends, they are sexual partners. I don't know if I agree on the statement of having something more than friendship. Friendship is pretty high, and hard to find, true honest friendship. Having a romantic relationship and friendship all is one would be the ultimate. You can have one without the other. I my opinion the Three of Cups is the closest kind of Friendship, love and joy, not necessarily a sexual one.

hulpster

Hi and Thankyou for your responses. I am using the Rider Waite
Deck. The most common interpretation of this card in this deck just doesn't sit
right with me especially as it follows Two of Cups which is a union of two
souls. The No 3 suggests a third entity also, which again to me suggests more than
friendship.

I drew a clarifier and got the Wheel of Fortune
Lol. Which tells me even less! Although I have drawn this card several times in relation to this person so I know there is a strong message in that for me.

PAMUYA

Hi and Thankyou for your responses. I am using the Rider Waite
Deck. The most common interpretation of this card in this deck just doesn't sit
right with me especially as it follows Two of Cups which is a union of two
souls. The No 3 suggests a third entity also, which again to me suggests more than
friendship.

I drew a clarifier and got the Wheel of Fortune
Lol. Which tells me even less! Although I have drawn this card several times in relation to this person so I know there is a strong message in that for me.

Perhaps the 3 of Cups is another person in the picture.. not two but three, a triangle, the wheel is which way will it go..

Grizabella

"And baby makes three". I think that's the next logical progression, maybe?