Time and tarot

The crowned one

I am concerned that tarot does not relate to time in the sense that we relate to time (based off of the rotation of the world, rotation around the sun etc.) Therefore anything more precise then present, past and future may be impossible to read with tarot. When you get down to the micro world of physics and energy; time loses its meaning in our mundane use of the word (without going into detail) and since tarot works at least partially on this quantum-physical level in my mind; the cards would not understand time in the way that I use time. Time is nonlinear in everything except our clock's representation of it and our day to day use of it.

Any thoughts on this? Can Tarot answer time specific questions?

Sophie

I'm sure Tarot can answer time questions in a quantum sense - as you say all non-time-specific tarot spreads are quantic in nature - Past, present and future curve towards each other. What you see as "outcome" can be in the past, or the present. I don't pay much attention to that kind of position, tending towards seeing cards as a story unfolding.

But I am also sure it can answer time-specific questions in a linear way, if you ask them and you have a decent method. It's far from being an exact science, but some methods seem to give higher-than-average results. Of course, mathematically, you'd have to compare those results with the probabilities. I am more humble. I think it works, on the whole, but I always add that caveat.

Stormwitch

The crowned one said:
I am concerned that tarot does not relate to time in the sense that we relate to time (based off of the rotation of the world, rotation around the sun etc.) Therefore anything more precise then present, past and future may be impossible to read with tarot. When you get down to the micro world of physics and energy; time loses its meaning in our mundane use of the word (without going into detail) and since tarot works at least partially on this quantum-physical level in my mind; the cards would not understand time in the way that I use time. Time is nonlinear in everything except our clock's representation of it and our day to day use of it.

Any thoughts on this? Can Tarot answer time specific questions?

I think it can as long as the Querent or question is specific (hence my time line spread in answer to your other question elsewhere on the forums). However I also do feel that it is an area of Tarot reading one must be very precise and careful with in the way it is handled.

It is the kind of thing that anyone you are reading for may over focus on. For example they ask how long until they meet a new lover, the cards answer and from that moment on the person focuses on that moment and forgets to keep moving forward. I always advise my querent that this is only indicative of a time if they do not sit around and just wait for that time to appear.

Diva3000

I personally do not believe that the Tarot is *specifically* geared for time. However i do see general standards presented to me by my experience...

The Recent Past: usually within a few weeks from present but could be up to a month depending on circumstances and how long they're dragged out.

The Present: Usually starts from today within a week- ie this weeks reading is about............

The near future... is anything more than a week usually could very well intertwine with the present after all one leads to another...

I'm not sure about Tarot working with micro-physics but to me it does relate to the universe, however, I see it as a big clock with all its interworkings. Also when people make a descision the universe splits. So the Tarot answers what *could* happen IF all the circumstances remain the same... which is why a Tarot reader usually has to do update readings to see how the environment and time have effected the previous ones... Time does change people :D

Gavriela

Or you could be boring like me and use the GD or similar system if it's a fairly mundane question.

It's not 100%, but it still works pretty well.

When it comes to the secrets hidden under the cards - that's when time is imaginary. But that's a whole different exercise.