The Hierophant

moon_shadow

I am real new to tarot, but just did a 3 card reading on a relationship. (I hope I am posting this in a right place!)
I am lost on the Hierophant that came up in the middle as "outcome of the relationship".

What can the Hierophant be indicating?

moon_shadow

Thank you for posting helpful links :) I shall go read them through.

moderndayruth

moon_shadow ,
thank you for asking good questions, it's a good possibility for many to learn something new... or remember something we have forgotten :)
Love&Light
MDR

moon_shadow

:) Thank you, moderndayruth, for your kind words.

Sophie

Welcome to Aeclectic, Moon Shadow, and good luck with your exploration of Tarot!

The Hierophant in a relationship can mean several things. A few suggestions are:

- the next step along (commitment, engagement, marriage, children, separation, divorce)
- a move towards a more traditional relationship
- a reminder of the forces of tradition in your relationship (especially if you'd hoped to escape them! - for example, you want a quiet non-fussy wedding, and your mother organises a huge traditional do).
- being locked in by tradition
- wise advice received in your relationship
- a bridge between the two, if there has been a rift (the Hierophant - Pope - is also a Bridge).
- a more spiritual element being introduced in the relationship
- faith in your relationship;
- trust (I've had it come as both trust and faith in the relationship and in the other quite often)
- learning from each other in the relationship
- one learning more from the other

(to decide which is which of the last two, look at the other cards. It can refer to the kind of love relationship that has a "master-disciple" element to it).

It will depend on the state of the relationship, the type of relationship and the question asked. The meaning will be different if you've just had a big quarrel, and if you have been dating very happily for a while, but want to deepen things.

moon_shadow

- being locked in by tradition
- faith in your relationship;
- trust (I've had it come as both trust and faith in the relationship and in the other quite often)
- learning from each other in the relationship
- one learning more from the other

These things caught my eyes, Fudugazi. I am going back to my note and see if I can sort this out. Thank you very much for your reply! :)