Timing spreads please — not will-happen but should-do

liberated inferno

There is a friend that I have been out of touch with for a while and I'm thinking about contacting them. I asked the cards when it would be the best time to do it:

Justice/4 of Pents/ 10 of Cups/ knight of Swords/ 2 of Cups

My first thought was, why 10 weeks???? So I pulled a clarification card, Judgment.

Looks like I'm still in the midst of wondering if contacting them is the right thing to do(Justice), and I'm being stubborn about that. Also, I'm not letting go of my judgments about them or myself (4/Pents) I still have to work out a consensus within in order to get the fulfilling relationship I want with my friend (10/cups) Also with Judgment as the clarifier, it look like it would take me, or them or both of us 10 weeks time to come to our senses and answer the "call"(no pun intended). I see this conversation clears up a lot of misunderstandings (my Knight of Swords has the knight slaying a dragon) and providing some much needed clarity that will lead us to the even keel relationship that's good for both of us (2/Cups).

MandMaud

There is a friend that I have been out of touch with for a while and I'm thinking about contacting them. I asked the cards when it would be the best time to do it:

My first thought was, why 10 weeks???? So I pulled a clarification card, Judgment.

Looks like I'm still in the midst of wondering if contacting them is the right thing to do(Justice), and I'm being stubborn about that. Also, I'm not letting go of my judgments about them or myself (4/Pents) I still have to work out a consensus within in order to get the fulfilling relationship I want with my friend (10/cups) Also with Judgment as the clarifier, it look like it would take me, or them or both of us 10 weeks time to come to our senses and answer the "call"(no pun intended). I see this conversation clears up a lot of misunderstandings (my Knight of Swords has the knight slaying a dragon) and providing some much needed clarity that will lead us to the even keel relationship that's good for both of us (2/Cups).

I have begun to think Judgement includes finally seeing something that has been there all along. Perhaps that's needed before contacting becomes a good idea - perhaps something will become clear to you, or to both of you, at the 10-week point... You know that thing where it's obvious, and leaves you wondering why it wasn't obvious yesterday! My 2p worth; someone else will contribute something more useful than I'm able to. The 2 of Cups is a lovely finish-up card. :)

Amanda

I'm more inclined to think that you will unexpectedly hear from them in about 2 weeks.

liberated inferno

I'm more inclined to think that you will unexpectedly hear from them in about 2 weeks.

Sorry Amanda i'm on vacay and have limited access. Could you elaborate on that? Being that it falls at the end, i was led to believe it's best to look towards the middle of the spread for info. Also, I'll still be on vacag at that point and wondering how they could do that since i have limited access because of roaming charges.

liberated inferno

I have begun to think Judgement includes finally seeing something that has been there all along. Perhaps that's needed before contacting becomes a good idea - perhaps something will become clear to you, or to both of you, at the 10-week point... You know that thing where it's obvious, and leaves you wondering why it wasn't obvious yesterday! My 2p worth; someone else will contribute something more useful than I'm able to. The 2 of Cups is a lovely finish-up card. :)
We had a falling out where communication ceased..like that suddenly. So yes i agree that it will be sometime for us to look and acknowledge the truth and just accept things for the best of the situation. i have not received contact but i did let them know that i am thinking of them and hoping that they are well.

Kgirl

Question: When should I move house?

Pull 5 cards, no positions, and typically I only use upright orientation of the cards. Any less than 5 cards and you may not get enough "story" to go along with the timing. But anymore than 5 and you may get confused on which card is showing you time.

High Priestess + Temperance + 4 of Swords + King of Wands + 4 of Wands

Typically in my experience, the timing cards will fall somewhere between the middle and the end of the 5 cards you've drawn. The placement of the timing card is significant, because it shows what is to come before and/or after the event. Major Arcana and Court Cards will never show you a time frame, but rather, help tell the story.

There was an instance for me where the timing card was the very first card drawn in the spread. In that case, it was showing me when the querent was expecting something to take place, but the cards following it were showing me that there was actually more to the story and that her expectations were incorrect and the situation would drag out much further than she anticipated - so again, positioning is key!

For the way that I read, Wands = Days, Cups = Weeks, Swords = Months, and Pentacles = Years. So we have the 4 of Swords and the 4 of Wands here as the possible timing cards. It is not the 4 of Wands because that is a card that might show a new residence and moving in 4 Days would be impractical. This card is clearly a part of the "story".

So 4 months is the answer to the question.

Now I look for other indicators to connect with the querent and give an explanation. First, I notice that the first 3 cards in this spread all have something in common: patience. The HP waits for more to be revealed, the Temperance angel mixes his stuff "just so" to perfection (which requires patience), and then of course the timing card itself shows "pause". (Which now that we have established that it is the timing card, we can read it as part of the story). Then I see also the two 4s in this spread and think back to the Emperor- there is perhaps a work/professional-related issue involved in this house move as well. And then also, a man may have some influence over this house move (King of Wands).

So now that I've considered all of that, I read the cards from left to right.

The first two cards are Major Arcana, and represent energies surrounding the querent that are out of her control. Since I read elements, I consider that the Temperance card badly aspects the High Priestess making her energy more high-strung, vulnerable, and over-sensitive. This tells me that the present living conditions are not suitable to the querent's emotional well-being and is the reason behind the desire to move. Picture Lady MacBeth wringing her hands in a crazy manner. LOL This is how the querent has been feeling about moving; likely thinking and worrying about it all the time.

There is some advice here for the querent though, considering that Temperance is a card of balance. She could bide her time and counter the feelings of over-sensitive, hand-wringing craziness (HP) by taking some time out to sit down, pick up a pen, and write out a plan of action to take when the time comes (4 of Swords).

Now I pay attention to what the court card is looking at.

So we have the 4 of Swords and the King of Wands looking at it. Since the summary card is the Lovers, it is likely her mate. And I just happen to know that there is a spouse and this is *his* card ;) so why is he looking at the 4 of Swords? I'm using the Albano-Waite to do this reading, and yes body-language is important... remember how I said the two 4s linked me back to the Emperor which told me there was perhaps a work-related issue affecting this move? Well here it is. The King of Wands is waiting to see that he does *not* get laid off before he makes a move into a new house (4 of Wands). And after 4 months (in approximately October) he will know for sure that he is "safe" from being laid-off. *This person's company typically lays workers off around the end of August/early September.

One last thing I notice is the color orange in the 4 of Wands; this supports the 4 of Swords time-frame for "harvest time" and may even point to Halloween since lots of people have Halloween parties or celebrations. These people could be happily celebrating Halloween and getting cozy in their new house by the end of October.

It works for me, hopefully it's easy to follow. If you have any questions, just ask! Each reading is unique to the question, but these are basically the guidelines I follow when looking at the cards... if you need any help, just ask. :)
I love this. I love the depth of analysis. Do you find it works alot for you? :)

Amanda

I love this. I love the depth of analysis. Do you find it works alot for you? :)

Yeah, for the most part. Sometimes the question just can't be answered, and the cards will show that. Then you just read them.

daphne

There was an instance for me where the timing card was the very first card drawn in the spread. In that case, it was showing me when the querent was expecting something to take place, but the cards following it were showing me that there was actually more to the story and that her expectations were incorrect and the situation would drag out much further than she anticipated - so again, positioning is key![/i]

Why would you consider that first "time" card being only the expectation of the querent?

Cannot be just the straight forward answer of the cards, telling the time?

I mean, we always suppose his expectations are unrealistic, so we dismiss the first card as a "time" answer, if it is a "time" card?

Amanda

I'm addressing a specific incident here, the facts backed up that it was only an expectation on her part, but the situation would drag out further.

You can probably have a timing card at the beginning, but it was much simpler for me to "program" myself to keep it somewhere between the middle and the end.

daphne

You can probably have a timing card at the beginning, but it was much simpler for me to "program" myself to keep it somewhere between the middle and the end.

I understand, that will come easy, to have the time card later, so you can see some surrounding energies.

I like your method, I am going to try it. Thank you!:)