Timing

Alta

I am with Abrac in that if the position is 'near future' then it must be read that way. To me going with intuition is fine but I think you also have to be at least a bit strict with what you are doing. Perhaps the past is going to repeat itself, or spiral back with the 'the same but different'.

cherryberry

Yes I see what you are saying, in general I do get lovely readings for the future though and that just felt a bit off....well, I will see what it going to happen :) I did a spread as suggested here, one for the next 2 weeks and one for the next 6 months and I had again, rather positive cards. For the next 2 weeks, I had Chariot, one I cant remember and then World, then for the next 6 months Fool RX and Magician. All Majors apart of the one I cant remember (need to check my notes) So, I will try to keep the negative reading in teh back of my mind, to see how it will reveal itself.

Fulgour

Creators Create Creations

Marion said:
I am with Abrac in that if the position is 'near future'
then it must be read that way.
The word "must" doesn't work for me...
Tarot is an Art, not a scientific formula.

cherryberry

Ya, for me it is difficult to take sides, as I am into it only since a few months :) I also think that the positions have to be taken into consideration, but then again I had readings where the cards 'told' me something different, even a different meaning than the 'usual' one and it appeared to be on the point :) Well, in this case I did a clary spread myself and even if it hasn't revealed itself to me completely yet, it appeared more content, to how I feel just now. I will see what happens next :)

Alta

Fulgour said:
Tarot is an Art, not a scientific formula.
True, but if anything means everything, then everything means nothing.

Fulgour

Marion said:
True, but if anything means everything, then everything means nothing.
True too, but Tarot is Tarot is Tarot... ;)

cherryberry

it very much appears to be a personal choice :) my 'regular' reader doesn't use and spread at all, she just lets me pull cards lies them in a row, ponders a bit and then talks for a few minutes what they 'told' her...thats it :)

Sulis

cherryberry said:
it very much appears to be a personal choice :) my 'regular' reader doesn't use and spread at all, she just lets me pull cards lies them in a row, ponders a bit and then talks for a few minutes what they 'told' her...thats it :)

I see what you're saying and if you had no position meanings and the cards that showed up felt as if they were talking about the past then go with that but what's the point of designating a meaning for a particular position if you're then going to ignore it and decide it means something else?

For me, I usually decide before I do the throw whether I'm going to use a spread or not, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't but if I have decided to use a spread then I stick with the position meanings of that spread.

cherryberry

so, in this case it was a reading I got on the exchange from someone, who wanted to try out a new deck and just write what came in the LWB with teh card(the 'meaning' is printed on the card), not intuitive at all. But when I saw the cards, this other meaning about the past came to me.....not sure if I should have done it at all, interpreting the reading from another person to me... :-o

Abrac

Reading Tarot is and art form. But artistic genius (or scientific genius) doesn't usually happen in a vacuum. Many of the scientists and artists we consider geniuses were classically trained and were known to have spent long hours in disciplined training before reaching creative heights. Of course creative genius can appear out of nowhere, but this is more the exception than the rule in my opinion, and is often the result of some mental "abnormality."