To senior members questions about ethics and evil/negative?

bluelagune

This is towards the senior members of tarot reading community:
1. When you meet a person whith negative energy/aura. What is your belief in what has cause this? I mean do you belive in evil spirits/demons?
2. Would you read for this or about this person if you are asked? Or would you tell them to leave.
3. Have you ever read for someone and the reading was telling you there is someone extreamly negative/within vicinity of this person. Do you read into details of this somone or you just advice to distance them from this individual?
4. If you do belive in daemons, would you pull cards into the details of this being or just leave it alone?

Thank you for response. :)

Intuiciana

I admit that I do not understand why this topic is directed only to "old members" - new members don't mean unexperience (not always) - but as you wish ;-)

As I am a new one in this community I would not answer for your question, but I have to say somethig...how could you know someone else's life-plan to make such assessment? we all have the reason to choose concrete life, body, personality, characteristic features, good and bad things in our life...

bluelagune

I admit that I do not understand why this topic is directed only to "old members" - new members don't mean unexperience (not always) - but as you wish ;-)

As I am a new one in this community I would not answer for your question, but I have to say somethig...how could you know someone else's life-plan to make such assessment? we all have the reason to choose concrete life, body, personality, characteristic features, good and bad things in our life...

Im new to tarot and I have never had to read for anyone who gave me bad wibes. As to handling the situations like that I would prefer to hear advice from someone who had experience with such.
If you have had experience, please feel free to share your knowledge.

Ps: senior does mean old but it also means experienced.
Community in general not just this forum.

zannamarie

Unless someone is asking what caused their negative energy then I don't go looking for a reason for it. It's not my business or concern.

As far as concerns about picking up the energy of the person for whom you are reading: there are threads on the forum about "protection" and what different readers do to make sure they only keep their own energy with them after doing readings. This doesn't even have to be an energy you consider evil, it could just be a sadness or depression.

You as the reader always have the choice of whether or not to read for someone. Just because someone asks for a reading does not mean you have to provide one for them. Some readers refuse to do health readings which often has nothing to do with the energy of the person asking for the reading; it's just the reader's preference.

Boundaries are a big part of being a reader. You have to set boundaries such that you are comfortable. In this way you will give the best readings you can. :)

Intuiciana

oh I see, I am so sorry - that is a typical example of misunderstanding caused by language's barrier...;-) I don't meet such problem in my practice. I set the high priestess as the guard of the deck. If this card shows up twice or even more in one spread I don't play tarot - to this thread or to this person - it's my personal decision. however, I do not assess people and potential cards playing for them - by their auras. I try to keep myself as safe as possible by some activities like visualisation, grounding myself , controling and condensing my aura's area etc - but I do it all the time - not only in the case of meeting person's negative energies. I don't know if you understand what I meen ...;;-)

bluelagune

So you would read into the negative if asked. Do you use regular tarot decks or more with darker images?

Protection threads, thank you. Ill look into them as sometimes I feel drained when reading for sad people.

Unless someone is asking what caused their negative energy then I don't go looking for a reason for it. It's not my business or concern.

As far as concerns about picking up the energy of the person for whom you are reading: there are threads on the forum about "protection" and what different readers do to make sure they only keep their own energy with them after doing readings. This doesn't even have to be an energy you consider evil, it could just be a sadness or depression.

You as the reader always have the choice of whether or not to read for someone. Just because someone asks for a reading does not mean you have to provide one for them. Some readers refuse to do health readings which often has nothing to do with the energy of the person asking for the reading; it's just the reader's preference.

Boundaries are a big part of being a reader. You have to set boundaries such that you are comfortable. In this way you will give the best readings you can. :)

Intuiciana

you perfectly catch the idea! thank you, I totally agree with that statement

MaryHeather

I think that everyone, not just tarot readers, have had experiences with people with bad juju. There are people out in the world that... have few or no redeeming features as human beings. As to what causes them to be that way, I personally believe that I am not the person to judge why. Do I believe in demons/evil spirits? Yes. Do I have the knowledge to distinguish between someone being an a$$hole and someone being oppressed by a demon? No. That's totally above my pay grade.

Would I read for a person that fell into this category? As long as they were respectful to me, but I would take precautions. I would try to do the reading outside my home, if possible. I would schedule them towards the beginning of the day, when I'm a little more personally strong (for me, reading for strangers, like at fairs, is draining). I would use a separate deck for their reading, and basically quarantine that deck until it could be thoroughly cleansed (think deck inside a box, then that box inside another box with salt). I'd also take several minutes to cleanse/ground out any residual energy before doing a reading for another person, including myself.

So, as you probably guessed, I have done readings for people with extra-crappy energy. The best way for me to approach these types of clients is to remember that I'm just the messenger. I read what the cards tell me. If the cards focus on the negative, I do my best to convey that without judgement, and try not to panic them. I can (and have) recommended that a client talk to their priest/rabbi/clergyman or therapist.

I do believe in demons, psychic parasites, and the like. Again, as a messenger, I would let the cards drive where the reading goes. When someone seeks out a tarot reader, they have a fundamental question or conflict they are looking for insight on. This is where your personal instinct kicks in. If your gut says "don't go there", then don't.

Grizabella

I've only ever refused to read for one person. She was a neighbor of mine and all my alarm bells were going off that I didn't want to do a reading for her and that I needed to distance myself from her. I was raising my two young grand-daughters at the time and that made me even more vigilant about the situation. It had nothing to do with evil spirits. Just my instinct that this was a person who would bring nothing but problems if I read for her or encouraged her in any way.

I don't believe in evil spirits. I do believe that if a person does believe in them, then they're going to see what they're looking for. I believe the Creator of the Universe is much more powerful than any evil spirits (if there are any) and that I have nothing to fear from them. Evil in people I can believe in but even so, I don't see that in most people. I believe in what Maya Angelou said better than I could say it. She said, "We're all doing the best we know how. When we know better, we do better." and that's just how I see other people. The Dalai Lama says he approaches everyone with a spirit of compassion, and that's pretty much the same thing I do, but he does it much better. :)

bluelagune

Thank you.

If possible can you share why you consider High priestes as a warning?

oh I see, I am so sorry - that is a typical example of misunderstanding caused by language's barrier...;-) I don't meet such problem in my practice. I set the high priestess as the guard of the deck. If this card shows up twice or even more in one spread I don't play tarot - to this thread or to this person - it's my personal decision. however, I do not assess people and potential cards playing for them - by their auras. I try to keep myself as safe as possible by some activities like visualisation, grounding myself , controling and condensing my aura's area etc - but I do it all the time - not only in the case of meeting person's negative energies. I don't know if you understand what I meen ...;;-)