Told you are wrong

Shade

It can be a very, very crushing experience; I've had "my life is a lie" moments when I am doing a reading and it isn't resonating. My approach is to take the querent at their word that the meaning given is incorrect and to just return to the card and talk about what it might mean in a more abstract sense and see if that triggers anything.

NamasteIndia

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'd never be brave enough to do in-person/paid readings myself, so I admire those who can. However, I'm also curious about that "second reading" (if you don't mind sharing more details, that is)...

For it, did you consciously present card meanings that were closer to what he wanted to hear (an understandable reaction, if he was intimidating/unnerving)... Or did very different cards actually come out the second time, thus allowing for a more accurate read (without having to "stretch" meanings)?

If the latter is what happened, then maybe his first, inaccurate reading was just the result of some leftover vibes from the previous sitter... But this guy's "strange energy" also has me wondering what the cards initially said, which was (according to him) so "wrong": I'd be interested to know the topic/question of his reading, if possible. Cheers.

ok he had taken a general reading and it included a peep through of his career, finance, relationship and health.

He grumbled that the reading was off the finance and health part and said that he has health issues whereas i mentioned its good and he said his finance status is different.

So i asked what does he want to do now. And asked him whether he needs a different reading. so he asked for finance reading.

The cards were very good and he agreed his financial situation is also good.

Thus went the second reading

Grizabella

I haven't read all the newest readings but I thought I'd just give my theory. I've said it more than once on the forum, but I think it might help to say it again.

Sometimes I think the reason for the "off" readings is that we're just not meant to give the message to the sitter. Either he/she needs to work it out him/herself or else the message needs to come for them at a different time, in a different way, or through a different person. You know how when a child gets to be a teenager, if you tell them something they'll just reject it because it came from his/her parent, but if a friend or more distant relative told them the same thing they'd accept it? I think that we're just not the person from whom they'll accept the information we've given them.

When people want you to give them lottery numbers or . They don't realize that, even if you have a psychic gift, you can't just know everything. We're given to know what we're meant to know and pass on to the sitter. We can't just summon up knowledge on demand.

IndigoWaves

Thus went the second reading
Thank you for for the additional details. If you find that your cards "misbehaved" more than usual at this event, then it might just have been nervousness or the overall atmosphere there (noises/distractions, crowds, etc.)... So maybe it will get easier with practice. Good luck. :)

NamasteIndia

Grizabella they are not destined to get that info but then it makes us the reader seem horrible and bad

SunChariot

Grizabella they are not destined to get that info but then it makes us the reader seem horrible and bad

Just wanted to say, I agree SO MUCH with what Grisabella said. The querent will only be told what they are meant to know right now. Sometimes they are not yet meant to know at all. Sometimes it may be that they are not meant to know from us, as she said.

I would explain all this to the querent if it comes up that the cards do not want to answer. It is the very nature of how Divination works. And why, for example, the card pretty well never tell us the lottery numbers. If someone were meant to win a million dollars, they would just win it. They would not need the cards to tell them. If they were meant to they would. And if they are not meant to, the cards will not tell then how to...

I don't see it so much as it making us look horrible or bad. When the cards don't want to talk, it is up to us to explain all this to the querent so they can understand.

If they can't understand it, then it's on them. Because that is how divination works. If they can't understand it and we have tried to explain, it is there lack of understanding that is at fault. Whatever they choose to think at that point is on them. But WE know the truth and they can't make us feel horrible or bad no matter what they say or do. Because we know it is they who are misunderstanding. They are expecting the impossible and so of course will then be disappointed.

Eg if someone expected me to get up and fly across the room and I could not achieve it...If they really expected it and I knew that's not how things work...they can think I am horrible or bad or whatever and it has no affect on me. Because I know these thoughts are from their misunderstanding of reality and have no actual basis in truth. Their opinions, when we ourselves know they are not based in fact, cannot make us look bad. They only reflect on the other person, they reflect their lack of understanding.

Babs