Toning Resonance & Tarot Suits

N1ghts0ng

So this was brought up in a thread in the Crystals & Herbs forum regarding sound resonance through the thread i ended up hitting on a thought that friend Lotus Padma thought would make a great start to a new thread. In the thread i had posted about how I had resonated with the A note, which corresponds to the 3rd eye chakra. I also posted how i had both Sun and Moon of my natal chart in Air signs.

Then i went on to say that though I resonated with such “mental” things, i did not feel an affinity to the suit of Swords. I had mentioned that it was just a self-diagnosis and maybe a view from the outside might reveal more of a resonance to Swords than i had originally thought.

Padma

So this was brought up in a thread in the Crystals & Herbs forum regarding sound resonance through the thread i ended up hitting on a thought that friend Lotus Padma thought would make a great start to a new thread. In the thread i had posted about how I had resonated with the A note, which corresponds to the 3rd eye chakra. I also posted how i had both Sun and Moon of my natal chart in Air signs.

Then i went on to say that though I resonated with such “mental” things, i did not feel an affinity to the suit of Swords. I had mentioned that it was just a self-diagnosis and maybe a view from the outside might reveal more of a resonance to Swords than i had originally thought.

It was an awesome idea for a thread! lol! I am glad you began it, N1ghtS0ng! :) You have a very original mind.

What I wanted to say in the crystal thread on sound resonance, chakras and crystals ( http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=179847 ) was I understood you...because I believe that the tarot somehow also resonates to sound, because of the shuffling process and because of voicing a question...and we talk over our cards all the time, when we are reading them for others. Being made of paper, they will tend to (in my opinion, anyways!) absorb sound to some degree.

In regard to your personal tonal note, your chakras, the crystal you chose to represent yourself with, and the air signs thing, I found it strange that you didn't really resonate to Swords though. I am so root chakra, so tonal C, so earthy - and my fave card suit is the Pentacles :laugh: which makes total sense! That was why I didn't get why the Swords weren't "cutting it" (lol!) for you ;) Do you think it is an emotional kind of reaction, or an intellectual one? (i.e. "the Swords make me feel apprehensive" or, "The Swords don't tell me much, I can't relate")

Is there another suit you feel resonates to your personal tonality, NS?

I'd be curious to hear what others have to say about tonal values and resonance within the Tarot and themselves...this being such an unusual subject matter! Has anyone else here thought about this? Or have more ideas on it...? We are in uncharted territory here! lol! Anyone have a map?

N1ghts0ng

it's quite odd. I've always felt more of an elemental pull to Water, but the Tarot suit i've appreciated the most has always been Pentacles. In particular, the 9 of Pentacles. I think its the solidness of the "feel" of it.

Padma

it's quite odd. I've always felt more of an elemental pull to Water, but the Tarot suit i've appreciated the most has always been Pentacles. In particular, the 9 of Pentacles. I think its the solidness of the "feel" of it.

Perhaps you have an Earth sign as your rising sign? ;) It is funny you mention that card in particular, it is my favourite card in the whole deck, and it often comes up for me! I like the fact that the woman is alone in her perfect garden, without a care in the world, happy and secure. Solid - you chose exactly the right word for that one, N1ghtS!

Also I was thinking - maybe the vibrations of number 9 resonates for you too, and it is that resonance that attracts you to that card in particular...though it does not explain the attraction to Pentacles! Hmmm....

N1ghts0ng

Perhaps you have an Earth sign as your rising sign?
i have Leo as my rising :)
;) It is funny you mention that card in particular, it is my favourite card in the whole deck, and it often comes up for me! I like the fact that the woman is alone in her perfect garden, without a care in the world, happy and secure. Solid - you chose exactly the right word for that one, N1ghtS!
hehehe, yeah, i like that card. outside of Death which is perhaps my top fav, i would say of the 4 suits, the 9 of Pents is my fav. it shows someone who is content with what they have after (in my own head) having earned it through work and applying themself. it's that point where you work hard, make gains, and rather than yearn for what you still don't have, you look around and say "wow, i did good for myself".[/quote]

Also I was thinking - maybe the vibrations of number 9 resonates for you too, and it is that resonance that attracts you to that card in particular...though it does not explain the attraction to Pentacles! Hmmm....
i could go on about my number but don't want to get scolded for talking numerology in here. :D

Padma

Great interpretation of the nine of Pents, N1ght :)

So, why is Death your fave card? Just curious! I wonder what note it resonates to? I am thinking either Root or High Crown chakra - any guesses...?

N1ghts0ng

Great interpretation of the nine of Pents, N1ght :)

So, why is Death your fave card? Just curious! I wonder what note it resonates to? I am thinking either Root or High Crown chakra - any guesses...?

I think part of the reason Death is my fav is because as i was learning tarot, my mentor had me meditate and "meet and greet" the characters in each card. I had the best meditation and message with Death than other cards.

Also i think because Death is the understanding to release things that no longer serve a purpose in our life, i still need to fully embrace Death's lesson. Not saying that i'm a hoarder, but i guess i need to remember to throw things out, or bless them and pass them on to someone else rather than hold on to them where they just collect dust and take up space.

Padma

I also had a good meditation with the Death card - but it is not my fave one! lol! Oddly enough for a person who relates to the root chakra, my fave is the Sun :) Maybe because I have to grow to meet it.

so - does anyone out there think the root chakra vibrates and attracts the root type cards...? Or that sacral energy would attract sacral type cards? I think it would be a worthwhile exercise to attach certain cards to certain chakras - has this even been done before, I wonder? Anyone think tone of voice and frequency of chakra energy actually sort of stimulate the cards, and attract them (certain ones) to you or your clients...? Am I making any sense here? lol! :laugh:

wildchilde

with everything going on recently, and computer issues on top of that, I haven't been able to really wrap my mind around this "fascinating" (there's that word again! LOL) concept, N1ghts0ng.

I think I mostly am a Fire Suit type of gal...which goes perfectly with my Sun Sign. So that really is no surprise. I think probably my "go to" would be the Ace of Fire, which is the end and the beginning so might in some ways correspond to my "key" of B. My "key" puts me in the Crown Chakra, so this Fire Suit thing doesn't really explain why I am not that attracted to red, orange, or yellow crystals. However, it could be that being more drawn to the "higher" (vibration) chakras explains why I don't really pay that close of attention to the suits at all, I am usually more focused on the Major Arcana and when I read for myself I often have many more majors than minors in my readings.

As far as the Majors, I think Temperance is my "go to" card. It comes up a lot for me and I always seem to have a good relationship with it :) This card perhaps makes sense for me since Temperance has to do with intuition and being spiritually in tuned with nature, the elements, and the spirit realm and therefore would correspond with the Crown Chakra.

so - does anyone out there think the root chakra vibrates and attracts the root type cards...? Or that sacral energy would attract sacral type cards? I think it would be a worthwhile exercise to attach certain cards to certain chakras - has this even been done before, I wonder? Anyone think tone of voice and frequency of chakra energy actually sort of stimulate the cards, and attract them (certain ones) to you or your clients...? Am I making any sense here? lol! :laugh:

I don't know if you are making sense or not ;) But I think I understand you, so what does that say about me? LOL I think the cards are definitely influenced and "pick up" a lot of information about the humans who use them (both reader and querent), I feel like they respond to the general aura of the people involved (which of course is the overall representation of the state of the chakras). Of course, it would seem that this is only a small part of how the Tarot compiles information into a divinatory system, so I am not sure if "assigning" certain cards to certain chakras would be good unless you were specifically doing to "read" the auras or the chakra health, etc. This is just my thought though, and certainly doesn't mean that it would not be worthwhile to others.