Toni's 6 or 14 Card Spread

Glass Owl

This spread is from www.toniallen.co.uk. I like it although I would probably start off just limiting this spread to the first 6 cards.

First the client/questioner shuffles the card and cuts them with their left hand. The bottom section is placed back on the top and the client is asked to pass them to me. I then lay them out in the following order.

4.......1/2 .......6

Position 1 and 2 represent the central pivot point of the questioner's life at the moment. No 2 bears down on No 1. It may prove to be a help or a hindrance.

Card 3 represents the mind and the questioner’s current ideas, aspirations and thoughts.

Card 4 represents that part of the past which is currently influencing the questioner and has helped create today, working on the principle of cause and effect.

Card 5 represents the physical world and whether or not the questioner is acting on the ideas suggested at position 3

Card 6 represents the next step in the future.

Once the questioner has assimilated these cards further cards are taken to continue into the future, as detailed below.

...........3..........7........ .8.........9...........
4........1/2.........6..........................13/14

I turn over the cards 1 to 5 so that the client can appreciate that these represent their current life circumstances and past influences.

I then lay out the cards from 7 to 14, the top line continuing to represent the mind and inner world and the bottom line the physical world.

Once all of these 14 cards have been taken I will spread the pack out face down so that at any time I can request the client to take more cards to add further information to given areas.

The beauty of this spread is not only its simplicity but also its ability to build up complex pictures of a client’s inner motivations and outer actions.

Kenny

I've read this spread in her book.

It's a spread which I fancy having a go at later.