Tower reversed keeps coming up

JennyM

Boy, does it ever!

I've had it about 7 times in the past two days, all on questions relating to one particular subject. I'm starting to get a bit alarmed.

What does it mean?

Is there a change under way?
Are their lies that I'm not seeing?
Is someone fooling me?

What would you say to this particular card repeating like this?

le fey

I'd look for resistance to something breaking down - trying to hold things together instead of letting it happen. The Tower for me is often about assumptions ('this is how things are supposed to be') and catalyst events that force a change in those assumptions - seeing them for the house of cards they are. So, reversed, maybe look at where you're hanging onto those assumptions and should-bes for all they're worth in spite of the truth that shows them to be baseless.

It never seems to halt the destructive aspect of the Tower... just leaves you hanging out in the rubble pretending things are still solid.

Ligator

Tower reversed could mean a crisis that is not so deep.

But it could also mean a criri/collapse with SELFDEcEPTION! A crisis with the unforunate result that you dont learn from the crisis or that you dont even see the crisis and collapse that is going on around you.. I.e. some kind of blindness to the crisis.

However. It could also meanwhat COULD happen if you dont do the necassary things that you need to do.

If I had made that reading on myself I would interpret it as a strong warning and would reflect on HOW i tackle a crisis. And I would look around to see whether the tower I am in is intact or is falling apart without me noticing it.

/torbjörn

no_moon

Maybe the deck is trying to tell you that the information, however shocking it may be, is being withheld for the present? I often find that blocked cards are just energy that is there but not manifesting at that time.

Also, since you are asking multiple questions related to each other about the same subject in a span of two days, it is possible that your deck may be giving you the same answer over and over because it thinks you are asking it the same question over and over. Reflect on what were you thinking when you asked? Maybe you formed the question, but your mind was asking the cards the same with different wording?

JennyM

no_moon said:
Reflect on what were you thinking when you asked? Maybe you formed the question, but your mind was asking the cards the same with different wording?

It's true that while they were different questions on the surface underneath they were all the same. I'm guilty as charged.

I was just alarmed at this particular card popping up everywhere. I've never had a card keep coming up like that, and to have it be the Tower?

The last time I got the Tower upright regarding this issue something was revealed suddenly to me. I asked what I could expect and the Tower came up. Maybe two weeks later it happened. It wasn't a bad Tower experience, but it was a big revelation of what was hidden.

JennyM

Ligator said:
If I had made that reading on myself I would interpret it as a strong warning

I feel like it's a warning.

JennyM

le fey said:
So, reversed, maybe look at where you're hanging onto those assumptions and should-bes for all they're worth in spite of the truth that shows them to be baseless.

There is something like that going on. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

willowfox

Tower Rx represents a blockage, the change that you were planning won't happen as you are stuck, so don't expect anything to happen in the situation because it can't, there is no movement, there is no release of the truth as it is confined, locked away.

As we don't know what the question was about, we are basically reduced to trying to guess at an answer.

berrieh

Tower reversed often means you're putting your faith in all the wrong things, as though you're hiding in that tower that's about to crumble around you.

In my opinion, it's more dangerous than the Tower upright, which is painful and startling change but at least allows you to move on and walk in the truth. With the Tower reversed, you're trapped in the lies that are preventing any sort of progress. The way I see it, that tower needs to be destroyed, so avoiding that destruction - though it sounds okay in theory - is even worse than the destruction itself, because it leaves you trapped.

It also tends to mean your questions are focusing on the wrong thing altogether, as the people in the tower have built a tower of lies because they are intently focused on the wrong things.

(When I don't use reversals, this meaning can also be encapsulated in the Tower upright...however, like you, when I do read reversals, an upright Tower isn't necessarily a bad thing. Shocking yes, but not always bad.)

Nova

what super insight berrieh put to words.

Cards "chase" me sometimes like that too. I have found that with the Tower reversed two other cards that rumble before it are both Inclusion -- being plural with people, either the 3 of Hearts up right as in friends or partying (thus a delaying action) or [11] Justice, something is working right now . Asside from all of its legal specifics, [11] can also mean surviving together. One partner might be doing the right thing, or a parent might have good intensions that are working at one level.