Transparent Tarot - General Discussion

Grizabella

Just wanted to add a comment here and I don't want it to be taken negatively at all. It's just peculiar to me, probably.

I see threads complaining about the smells of new decks being so strong of chemicals and people say they can't stand the smell. I've never had that happen to me in 9 years till this deck. Oh, I've noticed the smells and even noticed they're strong in other decks, but they didn't make me feel ill. This one does. I have to keep it away from me when I sleep, putting it on the far corner of my nightstand. I wish it weren't so, but that's my experience.

For people who have had it awhile, does the smell go away? I think it's getting a little bit more faint today. I'm hopeful. But nothing will keep me from using the deck and loving it. I can hardly stand to put it down. :D

I actually understand cards that didn't make a lot of sense to me by using this deck. You know how there will be certain ones that have always been kind of a stumbling point---the ones most likely to cause a blank spot no matter how long you read the cards?

rwcarter

I think I know what you're talking about re the smell of the deck. Not sure if mine has faded after 5 months of daily use or if I've just gotten used to it though.

Grizabella

Yay! I have a Transparent deck again! And no smell about it whatsoever so it does go away after awhile. I'm glad I can explore this study group again and maybe, in time, I can add my input once I get the hang of it.

strings of life

* dusts off this 2 year study group *

Is anyone else still using this regularly?

I am going to post one card at a time in order, working with the Majors and then the suits.

rwcarter

As regularly as I use any deck right now (which basically means if the mood strikes). But this is still one of my favorite decks of all time! :)

Start posting and I'll chime in when I can.

strings of life

As regularly as I use any deck right now (which basically means if the mood strikes). But this is still one of my favorite decks of all time! :)

Start posting and I'll chime in when I can.
You're favorite deck of all time? Now we're talking!

I'm going to use free association and will write down my immediate thoughts about the cards and will start posting.

rwcarter

I am going to post one CI at a time in order, working with the Majors and then the suits.
Technically, a CI is two or more cards layered together. But I think you'll be looking at each of the cards individually. The deck doesn't begin to sing to me until I start layering cards together.

strings of life

^ I meant card! I edited my original post. However, I'll start doing daily draws (not always daily) with as a CI. I agree; it's the actual layering that makes the images come alive.