Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Mariqueen

I trimmed one of my decks, one I wouldn't mind parting with if it turned into a disaster. It wasn't so bad, but the cards are all kinds of uneven and it made me sad then to see how nicely you guys are able to trim yours, I figured I'd ask for some tips or tricks to it. like what do you use to trim them and how you make sure they line up nicely and all that good stuff :)

AJ

none of my decks came out perfectly even on the edges. Doesn't bother me, but if you want the finished deck sides to look like they did new, just zip into a printer and they can cut the deck all at one time, easy peasy.

And yes, intend to up date the master list.
It is on my list of things that must be done, but not very high :)

Mariqueen

a printer, like a kinkos or is there somewhere else that's better?

Though, I don't mind unevenness usually, just mine were really bad. I might just try using scissors next time since I used one of those cutters. What did you use for your decks to cut them?

Kissa

I <3 Nemia!

Nemia: you are my hero!

Thank you for posting pictures of your trimmed decks!
I started many years ago with Haindl, then Thoth and I have often thought of trimming the Inner Child. Many of my decks are trimmed.
It is a nice obsession, methinks, go ahead, my dear!
To me, trimming creates a special and more intimate relationship to a deck and really makes it more "mine".

This bag for the Inner Child is simply gorgeous! Thank you again for sharing!

Kissa

rylla

One trick is to use VERY sharp good scissors. The rest comes with experience.

An advice: never trim a deck while you are upset! :) I did it once and saying that "they didn't turn out right" would be a huge understatement. So another requirement is tranquility and calm. You know : 'Love and light' - it really helps!

AJ

a printer, like a kinkos or is there somewhere else that's better?

Though, I don't mind unevenness usually, just mine were really bad. I might just try using scissors next time since I used one of those cutters. What did you use for your decks to cut them?

I use long shears. I take off the top and bottom first which makes the sides a little easier to do.

I have one of those paper cutters, but card stock dulls the blade Really quickly and then it is really easy for the cards to shift from the pressure required to push the blade through.

Yes, any printer. Some might get a wild hair and tell you to take your devil cards somewhere else but I doubt it. $$ is $$

Laura Borealis

So many great trimmed and edged decks here. They really look amazing.

I don't think I've showed these here. I used metallic copper ink on my Ancient Italian. (Tsukineko Cosmic Copper)

It's been about a year since I did them. I feel like it is wearing off a bit, but it still looks good. I did notice that this ink isn't completely permanent on this cardstock, possibly because of the lamination. I saw a little smudge on the back of one of them today, and was able to remove it with spit and my fingernail.

I have also rounded the corners of my Noblet, but I don't have pics. It really liberated them for me though. So much easier to shuffle, and now I actually use them.

Attachments

• Ancient Italian copper edges.jpg
    Ancient Italian copper edges.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 463
  • Ancient Italian copper edges 2.jpg
    Ancient Italian copper edges 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 441

Mariqueen

So many great trimmed and edged decks here. They really look amazing.

I don't think I've showed these here. I used metallic copper ink on my Ancient Italian. (Tsukineko Cosmic Copper)

It's been about a year since I did them. I feel like it is wearing off a bit, but it still looks good. I did notice that this ink isn't completely permanent on this cardstock, possibly because of the lamination. I saw a little smudge on the back of one of them today, and was able to remove it with spit and my fingernail.

I have also rounded the corners of my Noblet, but I don't have pics. It really liberated them for me though. So much easier to shuffle, and now I actually use them.

What ink did you use? those look amazing!

Laura Borealis

What ink did you use? those look amazing!

Thank you! :) It's Tsukineko Brilliance in Cosmic Copper. Someone here recommended Tsukineko's Brilliance line (I forget who, though!) It seems to dry fast and gave good coverage, though I did do two coats just to be thorough.

Mariqueen

Thank you! :) It's Tsukineko Brilliance in Cosmic Copper. Someone here recommended Tsukineko's Brilliance line (I forget who, though!) It seems to dry fast and gave good coverage, though I did do two coats just to be thorough.

I'll have to check it out, thank you!