Truth-Seeker's Tarot

SkadisPhoenix

OK, so I bought this deck, and have gone through them, looking briefly at the images, and now I want to shuffle them. However, they're really thick, they're surprisingly hard, and I'm having trouble shuffling them! :confused:

Other than sprawling them out on a wide open space (most likely the floor at the moment), there's not much I can do about that, but I was surprised. Has anybody found that they had the same problem, and did it get easier with time?

The cards themselves are beautiful, I'm loving the simplicity of them, and I'm getting good vibes, so we'll see how they go. I like how David Fontana has based the deck around numerology, as it's an area that I am extremely interested in. :)

rwcarter

I haven't tried to shuffle my Truth-Seeker's yet, but found my Fifth Tarot extremely difficult to shuffle (more that it was grippy than it was too thick). I shuffled that puppy pretty much every chance I got and some 1000+ shuffles later, it's finally starting to shuffle the way I want it to.

SkadisPhoenix

Was the fifth tarot as thick? It seems to be a LOT thicker than my Llewellyn cards are... :/

gregory

It DOES have an extra suit; that alone makes it thicker....

rwcarter

The thickness of the Fifth didn't matter to me cause it was thinner than the double deck (156 cards) Transparent Tarot I'd been using for 5 months.

For the Truth-Seekers, you might try shuffling smaller groups of cards together until the deck loosens up enough that you're able to shuffle the whole deck at once.

SkadisPhoenix

We might be thinking of a different deck Gregory, because mine just has the swords, cups, wands and pentacles... :confused:

rwcarter

gregory prob thought you were talking about the Fifth Tarot, which has a fifth suit (ether). The Truth-Seekers is definitely thicker cardstock than most.

gregory

SkadisPhoenix said:
Was the fifth tarot as thick? It seems to be a LOT thicker than my Llewellyn cards are... :/
I was referring to this post. I thought the suggestion was that the Fifth was thick and that this was surprising.... Have I become confused :confused: ?

*politely leaves thread to think it over*

- but on my way out the door - I would agree that the Truthseeker's is very hard to shuffle..... Borderline impossible....

SkadisPhoenix

Aah, yes, I see where the confusion has arisen! I'm not doing too well at expressing myself today! :p

gregory

SkadisPhoenix said:
Aah, yes, I see where the confusion has arisen! I'm not doing too well at expressing myself today! :p
Nor am I. I need food !