Trying to read new spread

angelika

Hello all

I was trying out a new spread, for a change, one suggested by barefootlife on a thread elsewhere here. But I have come unstuck for how to read it. I usually have a few spreads I use and am happy with so it is a shame when trying something new and being unable to connect with it. I was looking for some insight from others.

What do the cards have to tell me?

1. Your perspective: 5 wands
2. Alternative view: 5 cups
3. The answer: 9 cups
4. Hidden question: ace of pentacles
5. What needs to change: Magician
6. What needs to be created" Judgement
7. Guidance: 10 wands, 7 swords

At the moment I am in Vietnam working, and will be here for the next year, and then will return to the UK in August 2018. I will need to find a job.

I think the hidden question relates to my job situation with the ace of pentacles suggesting new opportunities. At the moment I feel content and happy with my lot, which is why the 5 wands and 5 cups do not make much sense. Maybe I anticipate struggle to find a job, and upset about this. The 9 cups shows contentment. I also cannot read easily the Magician here in what needs to change: do I need to stop making things happen, or expecting to be able to have that power? And Judgement as what needs to be created could be a resurgence of a job situation in the UK perhaps? The guidance seems to suggest that I need to keep going until I can find my way out? Take what I can after a bit of a troublesome journey of seeking a new job?

Maybe this is not about the job situation, but it seems the only context that could work here. And is the one question that will become key in the next year.

Does anyone have any further observations?

Many thanks in anticipation.

headincloud

What do the cards have to tell me? I'm having trouble reading the spread coherently but something here may resonate.

1. Your perspective: 5 wands

Inner battle, struggle, competition, lack of team work, impatience, frustration, dissipation, conflict, personality clashes, pettiness, squabbles.

2. Alternative view: 5 cups

Exile, loneliness, re-adjustment, unhappy change, impermanence, regret. Perhaps you're disappointed with someone.

3. The answer: 9 cups

Go after your wish.

4. Hidden question: ace of pentacles

How to attract abundance, prosperity and health.

5. What needs to change: Magician

Focused energy towards learning a skill or goal, power to achieve your goals, communication. your focus needs to homed, harnessed and channelled through the magician.

6. What needs to be created: Judgement

Clarity of judgement and positive decisions, seeing yourself how others see you, judging yourself, being judged by others, positive appraisals and the like. A focused decision.

7. Guidance: 10 wands, 7 swords

Carrying a heavy burden in the 10W and in the 7S you may be sabotaging your own success in some way, possible self sabotage? you may feel you're being taken advantage of, is someone deceiving you or actively working against you?

angelika

Thank you headincloud for having a go. I think the problem is that I, too, don't really understand the exact nature of some of the positions.

You have some interesting points and read the cards well - especially the Magician and Judgement. As a whole the story works fairly well. However, I would have to look at the blackest reading of my current situation for them to make sense, as I am very happy with my decision to come here for two years and to go back home at the end of the contract. So I can't see it being self sabotage. I have declined promotion because it would have meant renewing my contract and staying longer, but for the sake of my family links and friendships I cannot stay longer. There is some political conflict and issues of that nature in the organisation I work for (but then there often are in organisations). So maybe the message is to be focused to make wise decisions. But I think the 7 swords is more about securing something for myself, taking what I can from the situation. I don't see deception here. It is more a 'getting away with it' energy. I have had an adventure, stepped off the hamster wheel, and hopefully will 'get away with it'!

headincloud

Thank you headincloud for having a go. I think the problem is that I, too, don't really understand the exact nature of some of the positions.

You have some interesting points and read the cards well - especially the Magician and Judgement. As a whole the story works fairly well. However, I would have to look at the blackest reading of my current situation for them to make sense, as I am very happy with my decision to come here for two years and to go back home at the end of the contract. So I can't see it being self sabotage. I have declined promotion because it would have meant renewing my contract and staying longer, but for the sake of my family links and friendships I cannot stay longer. There is some political conflict and issues of that nature in the organisation I work for (but then there often are in organisations). So maybe the message is to be focused to make wise decisions. But I think the 7 swords is more about securing something for myself, taking what I can from the situation. I don't see deception here. It is more a 'getting away with it' energy. I have had an adventure, stepped off the hamster wheel, and hopefully will 'get away with it'!

Thanks for filling me in, with regards the spread I can't understand why anyone would choose to hide the question, it's difficult enough answering a direct question but here I felt like I was playing cluedo. Best of luck with it anyway.

Could 5W be the inner battle between leaving or staying and 5C a feeling of isolation from family and also a feeling of missing out on the promotion. Particularly if that was your wish.

angelika

Thanks for filling me in, with regards the spread I can't understand why anyone would choose to hide the question, it's difficult enough answering a direct question but here I felt like I was playing cluedo. Best of luck with it anyway.

Could 5W be the inner battle between leaving or staying and 5C a feeling of isolation from family and also a feeling of missing out on the promotion. Particularly if that was your wish.

No - there is no inner battle. I am clear about needing to go home and made my decision about turning down the promotion based on clarity of thought. Maybe the spread is not one I have really understood. I have been disappointed with the quality of the organisation I work for and maybe that explains the 5s. Thanks again