Turn Around Time for Readings By Email

Baroli

I tell them I will have a reading for you in about 30 minutes or less, (after the PayPal kitty has been paid). I treat a reading via email the same way I treat face-to-face readings. A person sits down and wants an answer. A person that emails me for a reading wants the same answer. I am just delivering it to them in a different venue.

Edit to add: If the requesting email has been sitting there for a bit, I do apologize first then do my thing.

Manda

I too try to overdeliver and underpromise, but I am more like Baroli- I do the reading as soon as I am physically able after paid, which sometimes means putting something else off. This is my job, and the way it got to be my job was by treating it and my clients very seriously. Most people get a reading when they feel they are in crisis, not just for giggles so I feel it's important to do it as soon as I can.

That being said, maybe I type too much or something but email readings take me at least twice as long as in person and I charge less.

shelikes2read

A question for those of you who do readings by email.What expectation do you set for your client concerning turn around time?

thanks in advance -

Gary

On my website, as well as if I post an ad to Craigslist or elsewhere, I say 48 hours. But the phone site I read for has started to resume sending emails (yay! I missed them when the system was down!). They want 250 words or more per email, and they want it back in 24 hours. So it can be done in a shorter time frame if need be.

nisaba

A question for those of you who do readings by email.What expectation do you set for your client concerning turn around time?
I *say* three days from payment: I try to get it done in one day, perhaps two at the most. I prioritise them.

Grizabella

Most people get a reading when they feel they are in crisis, not just for giggles so I feel it's important to do it as soon as I can.

I agree. I prefer doing my readings in person if at all possible, but if not possible, then I ask if we could do it by phone or by live chat. Failing that, I'll do email readings, but as Manda said, most people feel an urgency when they want a reading and waiting a long time just isn't good. Email is the bottom of my list. If and when I do take an email reading, I do it as soon as possible after I get the request unless the person expressly says they're not in any hurry and that in a day or two is fine with them, but they have to state that, I don't request it.

214red

I offer a 3-4 working day lead time on written readings, i specify my working days also. I dont do any urgent readings because usually it means that someone is relying on the readings too heavily to be good for them...so making people wait weeds out some of the people that are using readings to make every decision. even if i do a paid reading as soon as payment is made, i wait for min 24 hours before sending it,I manage expectations, same as i do in my day job