two of swords-good thing in a person??

gorgeousbutterfly

How would you interpret 2 of swords as a good quality in a person? i see this as maybe someone who doesn't let emotions cloud their reasoning. so when they have to make a decision it is balanced in reason and now clouded by emotions. any thoughts??

WalesWoman

My thinks on this card as a good thing in a person is they try to see both sides. Most of their sentences begin with "On the one hand,... "and progress to the other... it might drive someone crazy, but they are constantly thinking and seeing how it could go or try on other people's shoes, just to see how they fit or feel or what the walk is like.

I also don't think they would jump to conclusions easily, they have to consider everything before making a move.

gorgeousbutterfly

hmm yes the woman in the two of swords is blinded and has two swords that come in a cross on her chest. i can also see this person as unbiased. so when trying to solve a problem between two people she will look at both sides of the problem. a diplomat. but its so odd because you can see this as a person not being able to see both sides because she can't see clearly. so its like the interpretation can change, which depends on the cards next to it or just by going by your intuition.

willowfox

Not wanting to get involved in some problem, refusing to be drawn out to join one side or the other, being able to block one's emotions, to appear very calm when things are going wrong, closing one's eyes to whatever unpleasantness is going on, to act passively.

Mellifluous

I think your own interpretation is great. Also, someone who's found a point of balance or peace after a period of (mental) conflict and upheaval. They're looking within or connecting to the divine and becoming centered. That's what blindfolded figures bring to mind for me anyway.

Sophie

Someone who can keep a good mental balance, can protect their hearts and look inside themselves. Often, people who are physically blinded see very well with their inner perception. Try it for a few hours, and see what comes up inside yourself. It's a fascinating exercise.

Melanchollic

Iamblichus says of the dyad (2):

"For when the monad manifests unification, the dyad steals in and manifests separation."1

It is also called, "Movement, Daring, and Impulse"2 The dyad symbolizes that which causes the monad (1) to extend itself from its state of "potential" to the manifestation of form found in the triad.

Iamblichus writes, "And they say the name 'dyad' is suited to the moon, both because it admits of more settings than any of the other planets, and because the moon is halved or divided into two: for it is said to be cut into half or into two."3

The lunar nature of the dyad gives it a phlegmatic temperament.

The sword, the classical emblem of the choleric temperament, calls to mind quick reactiveness (hot) coupled with the ability to endure (dry).

The Deuce of Swords then shows a mixed temperament of choleric-phlegmatic, which have no common qualities, and could be seen, coupled with the nature of the dyad, to represent the ability to successfully merge extraneous unrelated things, the ability to strike a delicate truce (balance) between things, or to have an impulse to challenge a seemingly unattainable goal. Mixed temperaments however, in my experience, tend to be problematic, with the Deuce of Swords showing a possible inclination toward disjointedness, difficult reconciliations, bouncing between extremes, separations due to lack of commonality, irreconcilable dichotomies, and not being congruent with ones true desires.

:CL M

1. Iamblichus. The Theology of Arithmetic. Trans. Robin Waterfield. Grand Rapids: Phanes, 1988. pp.42

2. Opsopaus, John. Guide to the Pythagorean Tarot. St. Paul: Llewellyn, 2001. pp.300

3. Iamblichus. The Theology of Arithmetic. pp.47

star-lover

just few thoughts

good quality - taking the time to make the right decision, patient, meditating, knowing that taking a step back and giving self/others space and time will result in right outcome, taking others' point of view into consideration, searching for the right answer, waiting for a message from *up there*/guidance, acknowledging one is part of a team therefore unselfish, treating others as equal

rcb30872

I would tend to thiink that they would make wise decisions. A lot of other people have said the same thing, granted. I am tending to see that they would be someone that would not be like a bull in a china shop. Someone who tries to see the other people's point of view (like the saying, there are three versions to a story, your version, the other person's version and the truth). I would say that he would follow their own head, and not to be swayed by gossip, or whatever else. I tend to see that as they would be someone that would listen to someone's advice, take it away with them, weigh up what they said, and then make a decision, based on their own thoughts as well as the advice others have given him. They are open to suggestions, but at the same time goes according to their own counsel, if that makes sense.

Bernice

...three versions...

RCB30872 Said:
(like the saying, there are three versions to a story, your version, the other person's version and the truth).

I've not heard that saying, but often thought it. My thanks for that, now I can quote it!

Bee